Need help pre-planning for business trip food...

Options
I will be in Miami on business for 4 days in a week and a half and really need suggestions/advice on how to handle the food situation. There will be zero "extra" time to exercise to try and compensate should I go over calories--I will be working from 7:30 AM til 9 PM give or take. There are breakfasts...lunches...cocktail receptions...dinners... UGH. I already know up front I will have no time to log in to MFP and to be able to even log the foods would be next to impossible. I don't want to undo all of my hard work over the last 5 weeks... help!

Replies

• NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My suggestions: go for fruit and veggies first where ever possible. Stay away from deep fried foods and sauces. You should do okay then. Always keep in mind portion size when it comes to proteins. As for cocktails...sip slowly. LOL
  • RoySaffold
    RoySaffold Posts: 7
    Options
    I use the mobile app on my smart phone. It helps me make better choices. It is particularly helpful when at a national chain restaurant that has standard food items in the database. But you can still get an idea about items in places that don't have entries. I just find items similar to the items on the menu that are in the database.

Business travel is not my finest hour either. It is very difficult to manage my calories on a trip. Good luck.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Somebody put this link up a couple of weeks ago...

www.healthydiningfinder.com

Good luck and have fun on your trip.

:)
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I went on a biz trip last week to a conference. I tried to stick to eating as much salad, vegetables and protein as possible during the lunch and dinner. Fruit and scrambled eggs at breakfast. I didn't take any of the pastries, and I would select one or two starchy foods during the lunch and dinner. Since you know carb counting, I would just try to stay at 50 carbs or less during all your meals - it won't completely balance out your calories, but it should help a bit. And limit yourself to just one drink, and have diet Coke or water the rest of the time.

You might also want to try doing some exercises in your hotel room at the end, or maybe jog around the neighborhood (it'll be warm there). You could do some sit-ups, jumping jacks, stretches and that sort of thing just to keep your body moving.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Good Luck! I just did a 2 day trip with similar hours. It's hard, but if you tell yourself the rules have not changed then maybe you can do it, at the least, control the damage and watch out for the salt!