Need HELP ASAP!

Options
I have been working out consistently since last summer. Ups and downs but I am very proud of myself for making the committment to stick with it. I joined MyFitnessPal last month and I absolutely love it but I am having the hardest time selecting foods and sticking to my sugar goal. Im not a sweets person but it seems as if everything has sugar in it. And I know this is a factor when trying to burn fat so I am working on it. I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and what did you do? Also I need to find a very accurate and suitable HRM. I want my fitness and nutrition to be as accurate and concise as possible so that I can see the results I want. Please offer any advice or assistance. Thanks :) Oh feel free to add me so that we may motivate each other as well. I need it! :)

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    just read labels..look for sugar free foods..my big problem is sodium, and EVERYTHING has sodium..even where you least expect. as for HRMs, i would advise you go with polar. i have a polar ft4, and i love it. whatever you decide, brand wise, make sure it has a chest strap..best of luck, and congrats so far :drinker:
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Less carbs usually =less sugar. That's how I do it anyway. And I agree about the HRM I too have a Polar (the FT60) and I LOVE that thing!
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    You are right- everything does have sugar in it and carbs that break down into sugar in your body! I suggest doing some research into a low glycemic index diet- thins will help you to learn how to evaluate labels in more depth. One quick key- most food that comes in a box is going to be loaded with sugar, carbs and sodium, even if the label says healthy! Also, many low-fat foods are higher in sugar to make up for the lack of fat! Stick to the outside rows in the supermarket and eat as many non-processed foods as you can!

Good luck!
  • KommittedandKonsistent
    Options
    just read labels..look for sugar free foods..my big problem is sodium, and EVERYTHING has sodium..even where you least expect. as for HRMs, i would advise you go with polar. i have a polar ft4, and i love it. whatever you decide, brand wise, make sure it has a chest strap..best of luck, and congrats so far :drinker:

Yes sodium is a biggie too! Geez! Thanks for the HRM information most people have been saying Polar I just wanted to make sure, thanks again :)
  • KommittedandKonsistent
    Options
    Less carbs usually =less sugar. That's how I do it anyway. And I agree about the HRM I too have a Polar (the FT60) and I LOVE that thing!

Thank you! I need to look into Polar :)
  • KommittedandKonsistent
    Options
    You are right- everything does have sugar in it and carbs that break down into sugar in your body! I suggest doing some research into a low glycemic index diet- thins will help you to learn how to evaluate labels in more depth. One quick key- most food that comes in a box is going to be loaded with sugar, carbs and sodium, even if the label says healthy! Also, many low-fat foods are higher in sugar to make up for the lack of fat! Stick to the outside rows in the supermarket and eat as many non-processed foods as you can!

Good luck!

Thanks! I thought I was doing good. Reading labels and checking everything I eat but it is still a struggle. I will keep trying :)
  • KommittedandKonsistent
    Options

Good luck!

So true the things we deem as "healthy" are just as bad as the things we deem as "unhealthy"
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your work so far! Your right, so many foods have lots of sugar. I try to eat a lot of whole foods and as little as possible processed, that also helps with the sodium!
    I also have a Polar, the FT4, and I LOVE it!! I got mine at target for around $100 but definitely worth it...
    I sent you a friend request so we can help motivate each other on our journeys!
  • KommittedandKonsistent
    Options
    Congrats on your work so far! Your right, so many foods have lots of sugar. I try to eat a lot of whole foods and as little as possible processed, that also helps with the sodium!
    I also have a Polar, the FT4, and I LOVE it!! I got mine at target for around $100 but definitely worth it...
    I sent you a friend request so we can help motivate each other on our journeys!

I accepted it! Your pics are so inspiring! Yeah I am definitely going to invest in a Polar ASAP! I dont want to under or over calculate the calories I am burning. Thanks a bunch :)