T25, Insanity & Hip Hop Abs

Options
Hi all,
I'm new to this app and trying to log my exercise routine into this. I have been doing Shaun T's workouts as above on a rotation over a year now, I just wondered if anyone knows how I can log these in the exercise section so I can calculate what my calorie burn is (more or less)...?
Thanks! Eva

Replies

• mattjft
    mattjft Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Using a heart rate monitor with a chest strap is the best and easiest way.
  • evarodriguez1
    Options
    Thanks, I've got a polar fs1 but just never used it!! Hate feel of anything on me when working out but guess I shou dust it off and get using!!
  • mattjft
    Options
    I stopped using it during T25 because the calories burned were very similar each time I did a certain day (like everytime I did Total Body Circuit) that I could just use the same number. I never ate back all my calories burned so it worked for me.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @mattjft‌ @evarodriguez1‌
    How do you like T25? Were your results good?
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with not liking HM on me while I workout. I use this website to get a good idea and subtract what I normally would have burned by just doing nothing. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate because I've continued to lose while logging this way. http://insanitycalories.com/
  • evarodriguez1
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Matt I think I'll do what you suggested and just use it for each different workout once to calculate calories burned as should be same each time. I always train same time each day at 5:30am so always same levels of fitness (or tiredness...) put in!

@‌Denise - for me it's worked really well, I did gym for years but got so bored and started struggling with work and getting there at times so this way I save monthly membership and do the workouts early in morning so it's done, out of the way and I'm in fat burning mode most of day. If im feeling really energetic or want that extra cardio boost and weight loss, then I'll throw in a hip hop abs session when I get home from work, whilst dinners cooking and my little one is having a bath...but obviously next to a healthy eating plan. Generally I eat really well during the week but Friday nights are always pizza and wine or something stodgy! No point in living if I can't enjoy my treats!!
    also, I only weigh myself maybe once a month and always on a Friday morning (never after a weekend on a Monday as scales will be slightly higher following weekend indulgence)....
    I had an op in October and wasn't allowed to train for over 6 weeks, then Xmas blow out so have put on 8lb in that time....
    Have also started a level 5 nutritional advisor course in my own time which is teaching me hell of a lot re diet. I've always been told that it's 80% diet 20% exercise. Trainer at my old gym told me if I cut out my wine, I'd notice an even bigger difference. I didn't understand him....think he was speaking a different language to me! Haha
  • evarodriguez1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with not liking HM on me while I workout. I use this website to get a good idea and subtract what I normally would have burned by just doing nothing. I'm assuming it's pretty accurate because I've continued to lose while logging this way. http://insanitycalories.com/

Will check this out to!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Other option for a fairly decent accuracy would be the new Jawbone Up3. It is their first one using the tech they got from Bodymedia, and then they added in a HRM (Uses light rather than a chest strap)...and then added in the one thing I really wanted...made it able to handle swimming. It is bracelet type, that has to fit tight to make skin contact.
  • mattjft
    Options
    @mattjft‌ @evarodriguez1‌
    How do you like T25? Were your results good?

I enjoyed it! but I tried to redo it again after and got bored really fast haha so I am doing Insanity Max 30 now. Check out my pictures on here to see my result from doing Alpha Beta and both Pure Gamma and Gamma Hybrid.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity right now, and there's actually a website where you can enter your weight, the DVD, the intensity, and it will calculate the calories burned for you.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity right now, and there's actually a website where you can enter your weight, the DVD, the intensity, and it will calculate the calories burned for you.

http://insanitycalories.com/
  • evarodriguez1
    Options
    You've all been real helpful with info! Thanks so much.