junk food

Options
Having a hard time resisting junk food?!

Replies

• Noxyrat
    Noxyrat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't drink diet anything. That stuff makes me crave junk food and sugar like CRAZY.

If I want chips or fries I eat a big ole pickle. It feels like a junk food but has zero nutritional value or impact.

Having a a healthy snack always available helps, because junk food is so insanely cheap and convenient... and I'm lazy.

What kind of junk food is your weakness?
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    +1 on staying away from diet drinks. Those sugar substitutes send all kinds of crazy chemical signals to your body. They basically tell your body that it just took in a bunch of sugar, so the reaction is the same, but without at least the energy benefit of real sugar. An occasional diet soft drink isn't bad, but regular consumption can cause problems
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Options
    I love that when I am keeping track of calories and am eating the right amount for me I can schedule in treats. Today I'm having a bag of peanut m n m's at my daughter's BB game because I planned for them. :)
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wish I could "like" some of these posts. Junk food....where should I start? I love pastries: fresh baked chocolate chip cookies (right out of the oven with a glass of ice milk), cupcakes from the boutique bakeries, Sam's Club birthday cakes. Ugghhhhh. Candy - not so much anymore. I eat a few pieces, then I'm over it. Now that I am back to logging my food and tracking my calories, I can plan for "sweets" if I feel like I want it.

How do you all get past the cravings?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat "junk food" every day, lost 121 pounds. I just eat it food in moderation.