Mini-Goal Ideas

Options
I've been thinking a lot lately about setting weekly/daily mini goals for myself, and wanted to share some ideas. I'd also especially like to hear from anyone who might want to add to the list. Hope you all are having a GREAT Friday!!

IDEAS SO FAR:
plan meals ahead
get more sleep
drink 1/2 your weight (in oz.) of water - Example, weighing 120 lbs., drink 60 oz. of water.
read one educational fitness article a week, and actively use or share what you learn (I like this one!)
eat only "clean" snacks

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Great goals! For myself I would add "eat 3 servings of vegetables per day". I don't seem to get nearly enough veggies.
  • camilles
    camilles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    that's great to have a plan like that..I try to plan my meals too but the water is where I fall down!!
    keep up the good work xxx
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    Here are a few more to add to the list.

Do your exercise out side of the gym. Ex: Take a walk at a park, play sports with friends/kids or go for a hike
    Eat breakfast first thing in the am with your coffee
    Eat your veggies
    Use the slow cooker more to pre plan meals
    Take care of your self- indulge with a new hair cut or get your nails done
  • isobel2010
    isobel2010 Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree. I would add to stick with "known" calorie count foods when stuck at a weight. It's hard to always guess correctly. Or look up a "successful" week of foods where you lost weight and copy one of those days/weeks.

Sometimes doing calming exercises helps me - instead of frenetic running/burning 500 calories - take it easy and strech/yoga/meditate. Calming the body down helps lower stress and that = lose weight.

Be patient with ourselves. If we do the work, the weight will come off. It won't always be the day after we "eat well". Could come couple days later. Just stick with it and know we are eating in a healthy way.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Those are all great - my downfall is skipping breakfast (I tend to sleep late) so that is a mini goal for me.

I want to caution though, don't set TOO many. You will overwhelm yourself. A few goals at a time. Small steps. :)