college student looking for support in my weight loss journey!

Options
hiya, I'm Sylvia & I am 22 & a full time college student who also works. So, as you can imagine eating healthy can sometimes be a struggle because I'm just so short of time.

I have struggled with my weight all my life unfortunately. My freshmen year in high school I weighed 240 pounds and was severely made fun of. However, I managed to take the weighed off and get down to 170 but in the process I had also developed eating disorders and become unhealthy. I went through a lot of counseling to help me get over my eating disorders but I have never learned to love my body! ....

Currently I have gained all my weight back and then some. I weigh the most I have ever weighed at 280 pounds. I refuse to reach 300 hundred pounds.!!! I want to lose this weight and keep it off not only for myself and my health but for my future children when I decide to have them. I don't want them to be embarrassed of mommy because she is fat & I definitely don't want them to go through what I went through. I feel if I get this weight off I'll learn how to and be more equipped to give my future kids the healthy tools they need.
However, I know if I take on this weight loss journey alone I have a risk of developing eating disorders again! I am looking for friends and support but I'm want to give back and help others if I can. So give me an add & hopefully we can climb this mountain together and come out on top healthier than before.

Replies

• foreverinhishands26
    Options
    Hi would you like to do this together? I'm at my all time high of 211 after I had my baby 2 years ago I have been struggling with food I also am an emotional eater so I think we can help each other let me know I'm new to this site
  • kml10kml
    kml10kml Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Recent college grad here...I know the feeling. And I agree with everything you said. Friend request sent.
  • SylviaGem
    SylviaGem Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks I accepted I'm pretty sure! Look forward to getting to know you if you ever need anything just message me!
  • kmp143094
    Options
    I'm a college student in the same boat. Add me
  • LaurenAundrea0957
    Options
    I'm a college graduate and I'm here for the same reason you are.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pretty similar story here! Add me :smile:
  • SylviaGem
    SylviaGem Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will add you all :D gladly