non stick pan

Options
Does anyone have a certain non stick pan brand they would like to recommend to me? Looking to use less oil when cooking . . . Pleassseeee and thank you

Replies

• jtobenchain
    jtobenchain Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to take super glue in the store and dump it on all the pans. Whichever one doesn't stick is the one I get
  • notsuchaskinnybitch
    Options
    Yes the one I have is great- where are you in the world? I am in the UK so don't know if they would do outside Europe- I think it's a German brand. I dry fry everything in this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005473FMO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

P.s. Don't get Tefal - mine lasted about 2 months.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i just bought a tefal stir fry pan n love it ..
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    most start to stick after a while. Whatever pan you do get prolong the life by not using highest heat setting. They are not really meant for that.
    Costco has a decent line called Woll
  • notsuchaskinnybitch
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    most start to stick after a while. Whatever pan you do get prolong the life by not using highest heat setting. They are not really meant for that.
    Costco has a decent line called Woll

Yes you make a good point to keep it on a medium heat- also don't ever use metal spoons on it- and clean with a soft cloth no metal washing brushes!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    And never put them in the dishwasher!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i do not use non-stick pans. the only ones i use are iron. they are great + add iron to the foods you cook. :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I got one at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $10 and it's great. If it wears out, I'll just replace it.
  • m4ndela
    m4ndela Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Used tefal for years and stick them in the dishwasher. Would recommend
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i do not use non-stick pans. the only ones i use are iron. they are great + add iron to the foods you cook. :smile:

My dad cooked on a well seasoned iron skillet when I was a child. I feel like food always tasted better with an iron skillet. I could not care less now..so much work. ;) In the ways of non-stick pans....I've used Revere non-stick and it worked okay until someone (probably me :( ) used a fork on it.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I only use a well seasoned cast iron pan. Nothing sticks to it.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options

My dad cooked on a well seasoned iron skillet when I was a child. I feel like food always tasted better with an iron skillet. I could not care less now..so much work. ;) In the ways of non-stick pans....I've used Revere non-stick and it worked okay until someone (probably me :( ) used a fork on it.

they are so easy to clean. use a food scraper to get off the larger things that might have been stuck, then apply regular salt liberally. use a paper towel with a bit of water and everything will wash away easily. dry on high heat on the stove, then grease with a bit of olive oil after it is cooled. i use mine every day.

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Bumpity doo. Anything new?

Had a Bialetti Aeternum frying pan, but for some reason (despite being careful) it took a crap. Scrambled eggs were fine one day and a nightmare the next. Just got a T Fal for eggs, so we'll see how that goes. I also have some cast irons that have a bit of potential if I gave them a little love. For me, that would be ideal.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The green pan is awesome. You need almost no oil.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I love cast iron. However, I haven't found I can cook scrambled eggs or Asian stir fry in them without using more oil than I'd like to use. You?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I got some sort of cheap green pan at Walmart but it stopped being non stick after a few months. I'd bought it locally so I could take it back.

In America's Test Kitchen stir fry recipes, they use a 12" T-Fal Pro. ATK rates non-stick skillets here: http://www.americastestkitchen.com/equipment_reviews/1259-nonstick-skillets and the 12" T-Fal Pro is their winner. On Amazon, some reviewers complained that it domed in the middle, so I bought it on sale at Kohl's so it would be easy to return if I had that problem, which I didn't.

12" is too big for one serving of eggs, despite all the veggies I add to mine, so I bought a 10" pan a few months ago, this time from Amazon. I love them!

I normally add a tablespoon of oil when I make popcorn on the stove and am wondering how much less I could use in a T-Fal pot. I bought some microwave popcorn recently and it just isn't as good as stove top. Maybe it's the cooking method; maybe it's that T of oil.

I still have three cast iron pans, one of them a Griswold from my grandfather, and use them for foods that don't require a lot of oil, like whole cuts of meat.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love my stone pans

nothing sticks to them, no oil at all, super easy to clean