Weight Loss and Fandoms

Options
adramaticpirate
adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. ^_^ I'm just a simple 27-year-old really. I am working towards my Masters in Special Education and I have a 1 year old daughter, Amelia Rose. Yes, to any Doctor Who fans that just gasped in glee, that Amelia and Rose. Between her, school and the stresses of daily life, not only have I not lost the baby weight but I put more on through quick meals and lack of exercise. My goal is to get to a place that I feel comfortable and healthy at.

I came to the forums for support and encouragement. Maybe you are a nerd too and we have stuff to talk about!! Lots of TV fandoms, comics, video games and anime. Those are all right up my alley.

If so join me and lets be supportive!!

-Dana

Replies

• DanceTeacher11
    DanceTeacher11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined today and your entire life description made me laugh. You remind me bit of me ;-) I love pretty much everything Japan related, obsessed with manga and anime, a mom of 3 (one of which is named Anakin...yes, like Star Wars), plan on going back to school for my Master's (I'm already a teacher), and I really just want to be at a healthy weight where I feel good about myself and I can maintain it.

I would love to join you on this journey! I need all the support I can get. I'm one of those people the is good at motivating othrrs, but when it comes to myself...not so much :-( Hope to hear from you soon :wink:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Howdy, massive nerd here! (check my profile for details, and my photos for my TARDIS wedding cake topper ;) )
  • Poppythehalfling
    Poppythehalfling Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Im a major doctor who, sherlock, supernatural, lord of the rings, harry potter, and star wars nerd! I did a little gasps and quiet clap over your daughters name! How flipping adorable!(': congrats on deciding to go on this journey!:D
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    hello to you both, im addicted to supernatral, live in japan and have two sweet hearted girls.
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Didn't notice the notifications!! I'm so sorry. I'm super happy to go on this journey and im glad to have some nerd with me!!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yay for the Nerd Herd!
    Massive fan of Doctor Who ( great name by the way! So cute!), Star Trek, Grimm, LOTR and Harry Potter..... Even have a membership to Star Fleet. But left my group behind when I moved across state and haven't had time to find a new nerd herd here.
  • mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey nerd herders! Massive dr who fan, was also Star Fleet way back in the day!
    And also a teacher! Looks like friends could be made!
  • adramaticpirate
    Options
    Welcome all! I love that we, as geeka and nerds, can join together in force!! Friends, i think so!!