Any top tips for weight loss

Options
If you have any great tips that would be fab :/)

Replies

• sarahcharest234
    Options
    100 oz of water per day!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Walk as much as possible. Eat protein at every meal. Record your calories honestly and accurately. Get a Fitbit (worked for me.)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The big secret is there is no secret.... A calorie deficit is all you need!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    eat filling foods, peanut butter, soups,beans, also don't deprive yourself, have a little of something you want even though it is cake or whatever
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't over complicate it, eat less, exercise more, and you'll lose weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log everything accurately. Weigh your food and measure your liquids. Be wary of calorie burned estimations if you decide to eat them back (do no more than 75%). Work treats in in moderation so you aren't depriving yourself.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more.
    Pick filling foods to help you eat less. Find an exercise you love (dancing, walking, water aerobics, running, rowing, lifting weights, tennis), which will encourage you to move more.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    be honest with yourself and don't give up. if you do keep trying. you will eventually get it right
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale! I measured everything and while I still lost, I just got a scale and found a lot of measurements on labels to be off! I was eating 2.5 oz instead of 1 oz, etc. It makes a big difference.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight
    No need to over complicate things. People get hung up on all this low carb and all that stuff, it's not necessary (unless a medical condition warrants such things)
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about Spinach powder and extract. Eating spinach is a great green(s), just add a bit to your salad and youre off to a good start. I ordered the powder and when it comes Im going to add it into my foods because eating salads everyday will get boring. Spinach is supposed to help speed up metabolism and help with the sugar cravings.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    its a life style so its going to be looooong term.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    my biggest mistake is letting myself get too hungry. in the beginning i cut too many calories and after a few days of feeling like i was starving, i quit and started binge eating. i made up for all the missed calories. i realized i can only cut a 100-200 calories at a time and slowly let my body adjust. so far it is working. my best advice/tips are to: START SLOW! ;) slow and steady wins the race!
  • sarahbonbom
    Options
    Thank you

• sarahbonbom
    Options
    Bookwitch wrote: »
    I just read an article about Spinach powder and extract. Eating spinach is a great green(s), just add a bit to your salad and youre off to a good start. I ordered the powder and when it comes Im going to add it into my foods because eating salads everyday will get boring. Spinach is supposed to help speed up metabolism and help with the sugar cravings.
    Thank you
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    For me personally my tips would be log everything, and weigh everything. Don't guess on the weights of things like potatoes, rice, cereal etc. I bought a kitchen scale and soon realised why I wasn't losing like I should have been.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Bookwitch wrote: »
    Thank you

That is not scientifically proven and is bull. Don't take this advice.

The best advice I was given and it has worked:

1. Eat what you plan on eating and drinking the rest of your life, just learn what quantities you can eat to be the weight and size you want.

2. The scale lies - you won't gain 5 lb in one day or even one week. That weight is water and if it makes you stop, then you won't be able to do this. Weight loss is not linear, so sometimes you will lose, sometimes you will gain and sometimes it'll stay the same for weeks.

3. You are more than your scale weight - you can look better at a higher weight if you have muscle than at a lower weight with less muscle (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/)

4. This is not a sprint or race to the finish - you don't win by losing the fastest (and actually you lose because you lose more muscle).

5. Weight lifting heavy weights will change your body more than anything else.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    eat what you want but make sure to count it. there are no magic foods or pills or supplements. calories are the most important.
  • auntyfreddy
    Options
    If you have a bad day and overeat don't panic just get back to it as soon as you can.
    Family celebration days happen. Enjoy them and get back on board the following day.