What can I replace alcohol and choc with

Options
I have a 3.5 year old, I work shifts and so does my husband. When I'm struggling with toddler tantrums and tiredness I find it hard not to cave and crave bad stuff. Any helpfully tips. ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a glass of wine or some chocolate if it fits in your daily cals and macros?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Just drink/eat it, log it and move on. Or plan it into your day. I have a wine/beer planned into each one of my days. Sometimes I use it sometimes I don't.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Those two might be irreplaceable......
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Why replace them??? Use moderation and portion control and you can still have whatever that you like. There's no need to deprive yourself of the foods you love.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Enjoy them in moderation. Keep it to one drink, and one rich piece of chocolate. Fit it in your calorie goals. Make it special and part of your "you" time if you need to.

<---lost 30 lbs having chocolate, wine, ice cream, or some combination of the three every day.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I make room for both! Not much, but enough. :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else seeing the red flag when a person says that their child is driving them to drink?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you replace it with Beer and Burritos, personally... Maybe class it up with wine and pizza rolls every now and then.
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Deprivation is the diet killer, not the chocolate or wine. Like everyone said, fit it in your calorie goals!
  • shena75
    shena75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have some herbal tea, usually a fruit tea like peach or black cherry. I also munch on red grapes, turkish figs or skinny popcorn. That usually helps me with my wine and chocolate cravings :)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 pounds while still drinking beer, bourbon, and eating hot wings. Of course I logged it all and made room for it in my calories. And, of course, I could have probably lost my weight much faster than the 18-months I did it in had I stopped all - cold turkey...BUT WHAT FUN WOULD THAT BE???

So - If I went over my calorie goal for a day or two, I did not sweat it if my weekly goal was still met. If I still wanted more - I would earn the calories through exercise.

The moral of my story is if you do treat yourself - EAT LUXURIOUSLY and ENJOY IT. Then put your treadmill up at 8 degrees and walk it out while watching your fav show.