Under active Thyroid AND High Blood Pressure

Options
Hello all! I'm a 29 year old woman who has high blood pressure and an underactive thyroid! A little over a year ago I gained about 20 pounds out of no where and just didn't feel like myself. Long story short, I'm on medication, but losing weight is a struggle. I'm currently 169 and I buss my tail all week and only lose a pound or even ounces. I've been told High blood pressure meds makes you gain weight which is so insane to me! Any tips will help! I go to the gym twice a week and workout at home the other 3-4 days! Anyone else going through this?

Replies

• tidi16
    tidi16 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, you didn't mention what you eat but what I learned recently is that if u increase your protein, you feed the muscle, reduce the bad carbs you starve the fat, increase water and exercise and results will show soon. Also, muscle weigh more than fat, so you may not be losing the pounds right now, but you could be loosing the fat n building muscle, soon it will show with toning of your body and the clothes. As you lose over time your health will improve 2, give it sometime. I'd also suggest a visit to the dietician. I'm also on Hbp pills, so I'm surprised to hear they make you gain weight.
  • ninarobinson531
    ninarobinson531 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I'll defiantly put them to use!