What's on your menu this week?

Options
It's actually going to warm up a bit this week so I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes and ideas.

Inspire me - What's on your menu this week?

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
    Monday - Leftovers (Volleyball game tonight after work)
    Tuesday - Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Green Beans
    Wednesday - Crockpot Chili and Cornbread
    Thursday - Tortellini with Hot Italian Sausage and Broccoli
    Friday - Leftovers/Maybe go out to dinner
    Saturday - Pork Roast
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My daughter is cooking this week. She has some kind of vegan kale, quinoa, thing planned for tonight. Ground turkey is on sale so for tomorrow we will probably have left over spaghetti(whole wheat) and sauce (homemade) with turkey meatballs. Pork loin is also on sale so that will be for Wednesday with rice and either spinach or broccoli. The sales circular is my inspiration.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Prime rib roast, sunchokes, carrot juice, bourbon.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Monday - pasta loaded with veggies & turkey smoked sausage
    Tuesday - tenderloin, green beans, steamed cabbage
    Wed - veggie lasagna
    Thursday - chicken parm, roasted zucchini, frozen english peas
    Friday - shredded chicken tacos with homemade corn tortillas
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Monday - spagetti bolognase
    Tuesday - sausage casserole
    Wednesday - chicken mince sauce on rice
    Thursday - beef casserole
    Friday - springbok burgers and wedges
    Saturday - lasagne and broccoli
    Sunday - chicken, new potatoes, carrots and broccoli
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Monday – Spicy Thai Chicken Soup
    Tuesday – Spinach Quiche
    Wednesday – Turkey Burgers
    Thursday - Grits
    Friday – Fish Tacos
    Saturday – Thai meatballs and cauliflower rice
    Sunday – honey maple chicken with leftover rice
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Salsa Verde Chicken
    Spicy Beef Vegetable Soup
    Stuffed Pepper Soup
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Vietnamese rice paper wraps,Tuesday is "vegetti" with homemade sauce and meatballs, Wednesday is ground chicken chili with black beans, Thursday is probably leftovers and Friday will either be make your own veggie (gluten free ) pizza or baked chicken breasts with rice and stir fry veggies.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    We don't plan days of the week but this week the menu includes

Breakfasts - oatmeal w/ fruit, yogurt, egg tacos
    Lunches - veggie burgers, crab & avocado nachos, shrimp salad, PB&J w/ veggies
    Dinners - salad & cheese tortellini, vegetarian chili, salmon & sweet potato, whole-wheat cranberry pancakes, coconut shrimp & roasted vegetables
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight:

Put in crock pot:

pork chops
    bake beans
    onions
    (in a small bowl mix: brown sugar, ketchup and mustard, mixed together, add to crock pot)

Cook and enjoy. :)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i typically only plan one day at a time. tonight we're having thin chicken cutlets topped with swiss cheese alongside broccoli slaw saute'd in coconut oil.

yesterday we had homemade red beans & rice with sausage + sourdough bread. (crock pot)
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Turkey Meatball Spinach Tortellini Soup
    Baked Tilapia with Broccolini
    Skinny Baked Potato Soup
    Salsa Chicken
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lots of quinoa-based stuff this week. Mini frittatas with quinoa, Mediteranean quinoa salad, roasted veggie quinoa at dinners... I kind of went nuts with the stuff this week. Also, tons and tons of chicken because I got a giant pack for $0.79/lb. Aside from that I have some canned soups for hectic nights, plenty of salad fixings, tuna with various additions, some ham to fry alongside an egg in the mornings, and a pork roast. Since it's just me and my son, and my son eats two meals at school, we don't get a lot of weekly variety. The pork roast alone is less than two pounds and will make us two dinners plus some lunch leftovers, not to mention all that chicken!

-- Chicken and (frozen) veggie stir-fry
    -- Canned soup with frozen veggies added
    -- Chicken, quinoa, and green beans
    -- Pork roast, quinoa, and broccoli

Those will be our dinners, more or less. Lunches will probably be basic chicken salads, Mediterranean quinoa salad with a side of tuna, a can of soup and a tangelo, or leftover roast on a bed of spinach. Breakfasts will be the mini frittatas or nothing, because I have to be out the door pretty early for work and prefer to save calories for later in the day anyway -- I'll wait to cook ham and eggs and whatever until the weekend.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast: 132 g egg white scramble with 50 g spinach and 1 link of apple chicken sausage, 2 slices 60 cal toast, and 80 grams of honey crisp apple.

Lunch: 4.1 oz lemon pepper chicken, 110 g SteamFresh sweet potatoes seasoned with brown sugar, and Nature's Promise organic romaine with 12 g feta cheese, 7 g sliced almonds, and 7 g Ken's Italian dressing.

Dinner: 5 oz ground turkey, 32 grams uncooked brown rice, 100 grams asparagus with EVOO and garlic.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have no idea... Tonight is grilled chicken with spaghetti squash and green beans, and I got some pesto chicken sausage for tomorrow... that's about it... Totally out of ideas!
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    As I live alone, I tend to only make a few things a week and eat it for a number of meals. Today I left over roast chicken & roasted carrots and sweet potatoes. Tomorrow I'm probably making curried lentils with roasted cauliflower.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I think my menu for the week in uninspired, but maybe someone else may find something here they may like:

M: Pork chops, Brussels sprouts, baked potato
    T: 3 bean & turkey chili w/ Greek yogurt, cheddar, and onion garnish, served w/ corn tortillas (will also be my lunches rest of the week)
    W: Hand breaded, baked chicken strips, sauteed zucchini/squash/bell pepper mix, baked potato or baked fries
    R: Lightly breaded catfish fillets w/ veggies (leftovers or roasted broccoli) and potatoes (I like potatoes, lol)
    F: Leftovers/smorgasbord/"free for all" night
    Saturday: Papa Murphy's pizza night! (Probably Herb Chicken Delite, YUMMY!)
    Sunday: "Brenner" (Breakfast for dinner, ha!)--eggs, bell pepper/onion/potato hash, bacon & toast
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Ha, I look so boring next to you guys! It's summer in NZ, so I'm on the salad kick - big tasty salads with avocado and tempeh for dinner. No, I really don't get bored with that! Also have stuffed eggplant already made from last night's dinner.

I switch it up with the seasonings on my tempeh, that counts as variety, right?? :p
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tonight is chicken cacciatore with zucchini "noodles" (using the veggetti), tomorrow is tandoori with broccoli...and I hav eto go back to the freezer to see what is next. We have some left over chicken tenders with panko that might be for wed....need to eat something besides chicken after that haha
  • acunvpurple
    acunvpurple Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made some baked chicken parm with linguine and marinara for lunch.

The boyfriend wants flounder for dinner. i'm going to fry it for him and baked it for myself and serve it with some roasted veggies.

tomorrow, breakfast will be a veggie and mozzarella omelette; lunch will be a frozen Amy's meal of mexican casserole and greek yogurt as a treat; dinner will be black bean quesadillas with pico de gallo.

i don't know about the rest of the week just yet though. it's in the 50's right now in my part of Florida, and i'm loving it!