43, female, 40+ lbs to lose--success stories, motivation and tips welcome!

Options
Hi. I am starting MFP (again) with a new mind set. I just want to feel better and have some energy. Weight will come with that and I am not worried about a specific number! Both kids are gone to college and it is time for me to focus on myself. My only New Years resolution is to love myself more :) Any suggestions, tips, success stories, etc welcome!!!!! PLEASE! Feel free to add me as well.

Replies

• hkirk06
    Options
    I hear you...I am 45 and need to lose about 50. I have always struggled and have been at the highest of 215 and the lowest 120. After maintaining for over five years the pounds found their way back...now up to 189 I was so unhappy for letting this happen again. I have been logging for two weeks and lost 7lbs and want to keep it up. Motivation is the key and having others to share ups and downs. I know it is possible...Good luck with your journey :)
  • CooperJC24
    CooperJC24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heya ! I am 50 and am using MFP which helps a lot. I also use a fitness band which helps even more :) I have lost 30 pounds so far with 30 more to go. I have lost significant weight before and 2 things will make it happen. Positive attitude and good tracking and planning. Good luck and don't ever get discouraged !
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting and need to lose 40 pounds. Add me :) I've been losing and gaining this same 40 pounds over and over for the past 10+ years and it needs to stop.