Need help!

Options
I just started mfp about a week ago. I am having a hard time controlling what I eat and not wanting to workout. I have been extremely tired and when I do work out I get really bad migraines. I have 130 pounds to lose. Any pointers would be great! I really want this to be my year!

Replies

• Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself! If you really want to change, you'll set your mind to it and get it done. It will be a long journey, but absolutely worth it in the end.

Do you have a doctor that you see about your migraines? It might be a good idea to talk to them about getting migraines when you work out. What type of exercising are you doing when you get the migraines? It could also be that you're pushing yourself too hard, too soon. Maybe start out light, like a 20-30 minute walk.

When you eat, log everything! If you feel like you can't control what you eat, write down what you're feeling each time you feel like you're eating out of control. It might help you recognize what triggered those feelings (boredom, nervousness, feeling emotional, etc). I know it can be a pain to do all of this work, but if you really want to change, you just have to put your foot down and tell yourself you can do it! And you definitely can!!!

If you want some extra support, feel free to send me a friend request. :)
  • julierictor
    Options
    Hi im 28 and I have 78 lbs to lose and I find that having someone help encourage you through whatever your feeling even if its cravings they can help keep you accountable...if you need someone you can friend me and we can work together
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    What sort of working out are you doing? Can you switch to something less strenuous like walking? You can start with lighter physical activities and then work your way up over the coming weeks and months, as you lose weight and gain strength. It will likely be safer that way and you will probably stick with the plan longer if you're not overdoing it! Good luck, and take care of yourself!
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What time of day are you working out and have you eaten anything before? Your body is telling you something. It could be that you are dehydrated, increase your water intake. Our bodies need at least 1/2 our body weight in ounces of water each day! It sounds like a lot, but keep a 32 oz container of water filled and refilled, keep track on my fitness pal.
  • ash272107
    Options
    Yes, I have been to the doctors and have been put on migraine medicine, but been having bad reactions to them. I am pretty sure that most of my migraines are due to the fact that I don't sleep because my son doesn't sleep. On days that I am really tired are the days that I have a hard time sticking to healthy foods and staying with in the daily calories.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ash272107 wrote: »
    I just started mfp about a week ago. I am having a hard time controlling what I eat and not wanting to workout. I have been extremely tired and when I do work out I get really bad migraines. I have 130 pounds to lose. Any pointers would be great! I really want this to be my year!

Remember also there's nothing wrong with just watching what you eat until you get used to it. I have trouble making a lot of changes at once. The number one thing you need to do to lose weight is change your diet. everything else is secondary.

Why not get that part down say do it for a month? then start adding exercise.
  • ash272107
    Options
    That's true