Sleep Apnea lady looking to get off machine and start living!

Options
Hi There!
I am a 50+ gal looking to lose 50+ lbs. I just started tracking and am keeping a motivational calendar. Who would like to buddy with me on our way to success?
+ :D

Replies

• lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 51 with about 65 pounds to lose.
  • BryBub
    BryBub Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. :) I am a ex-respiratory therapist with sleep medicine experience. I am 42 and I also use a CPAP. I have been using it for 13 years now. I wish you all the best in your weight loss and health journey!!! Just be aware, weight loss will not necessarily get rid of your need to use CPAP. It is a misnomer that overweight people have sleep apnea more than skinny people. It is just not true. However, I believe being healthy and losing some weight if need be, can only help. :) Just please do not stop using your CPAP until talking to a BOARD CERTIFIED sleep doctor, and possibly having a overnight pulse ox done (At the very minimum) or another sleep study, preferably. Family doctors and general practitioners are great, don't get me wrong... But I myself have more respiratory training than a lot of general practitioner doctors out there. LOL It would take them 30 years to study each body system at the rate I studied the respiratory system, including sleep apnea. :) Anyways, CHEERS!
  • clarkalyssa
    clarkalyssa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I am a 50+ gal looking to lose 50+ lbs. I just started tracking and am keeping a motivational calendar. Who would like to buddy with me on our way to success?

• clarkalyssa
    clarkalyssa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a 50+lady looking to lose 65lbs to regain my health and hopefully to get off my bipap
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

You can me for support and motivation. I'm 50 and just getting started back after a really bad sit back