ATTN: Nurses and Doctors

Options
Erindipitous
Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
Forgive me for this post, but I really need your help. I am desperately in need of suggestions.

I'm doing my final project and I need to research a new disease or new treatment found on a med-surg unit.

It needs to be fairly recent (within the past 5 years). Cancer treatments and neuro are advised against, but I will take anything I can get at this point.

Any ideas that you have seen at your hospital, or that you have heard of? My clinical rotations have been pretty bland, and I don't work in a hospital with an externship or tech job for exposure.

COMPLETELY DRAWING A BLANK.

I was going to do Benlysta, the new Lupus drug, but someone else doing it and she has connections to the drug company, so I'm pretty defeated with that topic.

Thank you, thank you so much in advance!!

P.S. I may bump this a few times.. Please don't hate me.

Replies

• MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lyrica and Fibromyalgia?
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    This is a "good luck and best wishes" *bump*

Sent this to my better half who is in the medical field. I'm a computer nerd so I'm not much help.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I heard of promising new erectile dysfunction medications that are on the rise.

Yeah, I am no help whatsoever.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    do the new oral drug for MS
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you want a great and fascinating topic, try Severe sepsis. Xigris is a controversial drug. There is an absolute ton of data on this subject. LMK if you need any help. Have fun!!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    theres some research i just heard about with adult stem cell research and arthritis.
    http://www.google.com/search?aq=0&oq=stem+cells+and+ar&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=stem+cells+and+arthritis
  • vwgurl2
    vwgurl2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What about the new blood thinner dabigatran (sold under the brand name Pradaxa)? It doesn't require frequent blood work like coumadin. And I don't think there is a reversal for it.
  • John090671
    John090671 Posts: 13
    Options
    Bump
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    do the new oral drug for MS

That was my suggestion!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Keep them coming! :) I'm compiling a list so I can figure out which one is the most recent.

Would you believe that I posted this on allnurses.com a week ago and have gotten NOTHING in response?

Thank you all for your suggestions!! I love this website, you all are lifesavers. :heart:
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Keep them coming! :) I'm compiling a list so I can figure out which one is the most recent.

Would you believe that I posted this on allnurses.com a week ago and have gotten NOTHING in response?

Thank you all for your suggestions!! I love this website, you all are lifesavers. :heart:

ive asked stuff on allnurse too and got no luck oh well guess figuring out on my own is the best way