Help! I need recepie for low calorie snack with chocolate

Options
I find myself wanting chocolate alot and if its within my reach I have a hard time resisting. I need some healthy choc tasting low calorie snack recepies PLEASE help me;)

Replies

• chilenitax
    chilenitax Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I know this is not the healthiest recipe you will find lol but I love to make this cookies because these are soft and yummy.

I love pumpkin and chocolate, so this cookies are just perfect when I'm looking for something sweet to eat. Depending on how big you make the cookies will vary on the calories per cookie. I always doubled the recipe and use an ice cream scoop, so the cookies are pretty big.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
    • 1/2cup oil
    • 1c pure pumpkin
    • 1c sugar
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1 tsp milk
    • 2 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 c flour
    • 2 c chocolate chips

Prep
    1. Preheat oven at 350F
    2. Combine oil, pumpkin, sugar, egg, and vanilla
    3. Add baking soda and milk
    4. In a separate bowl combine cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and flour
    5. Mix everything together and then add chocolate chips
    6. Using cookie scoop, place cookies 2in apart on baking sheet
    7. Bake for 12-13min

Nutrional Facts ( for double recipe and ice-cream scoop used -- Makes 30 cookies)
    Calories - 147
    Fat - 6
    Carbs - 22
    Fiber - 1
    Protein - 3
  • Bri1205
    Bri1205 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh, you can make Pumpkin chocolate fudge brownies! I love them. I've made them before and they're so good.

All you need is a 15 oz can of pumpkin and a box of devil's food cake mix.
    Mix both ingredients up. It has to be thick. You can add a cup of almonds or peanuts, if you'd like. I love to add chia seeds for the added fiber.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9-inch pan with pam. Fill it up and bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

There is absolutely no need to add eggs, oil, or butter. Happy baking!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Jell-o sugar free pudding cups
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty low calorie chocolate puddings available, if that would do. I also keep a quite extensive stash of mini, individually wrapped chocolates so that I can have one (or maybe a few more...) every day, if I want to. That requires you to be able to eat just one though.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Don't bother with the low-calorie chocolate. Take it from a fellow chocoholic: It will never, ever satisfy you.

Go the opposite route: Get the highest-quality high cocoa content chocolate you can find. Eat it in really small amounts. One square of a top-quality dark chocolate bar is typically less than 50 calories and will satisfy you more than any amount of 'low-calorie' fake chocolate substitutes.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Why not keep dark chocolate on hand? The higher the cocoa percentage, the lower the calories. I have often bought a bar of dark chocolate and break off a square every day or two as my treat. Also dark chocolate satiates my cravings for much longer so I can have a little and it feels like I have had enough to last me a while.
  • noubrewyatt
    noubrewyatt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 package SF instant chocolate pudding mixed with 2 cups milk of choice, then fold in a container of FF cool whip. It's good!
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm the same so I get the 100 calorie snacks I love the white fudge covered pretzles
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like a bowl of fresh raspberries or strawberries with a few curls of dark chocolate over it. Maybe a little whipped cream if my calories allow for it.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Our grocery store sells dark chocolate covered goji berries that are very tasty. Himalaya or something like that is the brand.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat the chocolate. Or I'll have a nice cup of hot chocolate just because it lasts longer.
  • knuckleswife
    knuckleswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Chocolate Kale Chips
    Recipe courtesy Jason Wrobel

TOTAL TIME:
    45 min .
    Prep: 15 min .

Inactive Prep: -- .

Cook: 30 min .

YIELD:
    4 to 6 servings
    LEVEL:
    Easy

ingredients
    3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
    1/2 cup cashews, preferably soaked in water for 1 to 2 hours
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons agave nectar
    1/3 cup cacao powder
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 teaspoon ground vanilla powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    1 large bunch of curly kale, washed, stemmed and torn into palm-size pieces
    1/4 cup extra-fine shredded coconut flakes
    1 teaspoon hemp seeds

Directions

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
    Add the coconut palm sugar, cashews, agave nectar, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper to a high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. In a large mixing bowl, pour the chocolate sauce mixture over the kale leaves. Using your hands, massage the chocolate mixture into the kale leaves until each one is evenly coated. Fold in the coconut flakes and hemp seeds.

Transfer the coated kale to the cookie sheets and bake about 20 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet, flip the kale leaves and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Watch them very closely, as they may burn quickly if left in the oven a few moments too long. Remove the kale chips from the oven when crispy. Allow to cool a bit, then serve.

Notes
    Cook's Note: If you have a dehydrator, you can transfer the chocolate covered kale to two Teflex-lined dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115 degrees F for about 5 hours. Then flip the kale chips or just shake them around and dehydrate them until very crispy, another 4 to 5 hours.
  • serenefractal
    serenefractal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 yam
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 TBS cocoa powder
    almond milk as needed

Boil yam for 30 minutes and remove skin. Blend all ingredients together (adding milk as necessary - my blender isn't that great so I end up adding quite a bit). It will be a very thick, rich, chocolaty treat. It's plenty sweet too!
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate square. They are only 60 cal and wrapped so you can take just 1 and nibble. Besides dark chocolate is good for you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    1 yam
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 TBS cocoa powder
    almond milk as needed

Boil yam for 30 minutes and remove skin. Blend all ingredients together (adding milk as necessary - my blender isn't that great so I end up adding quite a bit). It will be a very thick, rich, chocolaty treat. It's plenty sweet too!

And how many calories is this?
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on another thread but have you tried Blue Bell No Added Sugar Chocolate ice cream. The stats are 90 calories, fat 3g, 6 fiber, 5 sugars, and protein 4g. The only drawback is that it does have artificial sweeteners.

Another go to snack when I need chocolate are Dole dippers. The dippers come in dark chocolate covered banana, dark chocolate covered strawberries, and dark chocolate bananas topped with chopped almonds.
  • grazingpirate
    grazingpirate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like a cup of hot chocolate or a fudgesicle. The friendly's brand fudge pop is 100 cal and husband-approved! :)
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Go with real chocolate ice-cream! Cadbury's Blue Bunny ice-cream bars are only 150 cals. I also stay away from all low-fat, low calories foods. Fat is needed for satiety and controlling appetite.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cheesecake minis:

4 oz of 1/3 less calorie cream cheese
    4 oz. plain non fat Greek yogurt
    1/3 cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon. vanilla extract
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    12 chocolate or vanilla wafers

Place cupcake wrappers in each cup of a muffin pan. Place 1 wafer in the bottom of each paper. (Most wafers are smaller than the diameter of the paper. This is ok.)
    In a bowl whisk together other ingredients until smooth. Spoon in a couple of tablespoons batter over each wafer, dividing equally between the 12 muffin cups. Bake at 325 for about 25 min. Remove from oven. Can top each with 1 Ghiradelli chocolate chip while still warm. Cool completely, and store covered in refrigerator.

makes 12 at 75 calories each without any extra topping. (1 Ghiradelli chip=6 calories)

for other low cal cheese cake minis check out my older post:http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1071601/does-anyone-want-another-cheesecake-recipe-87-calories/p1 Scroll through all the posts to see variations, I kept reducing the calorie count as time went on.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Usually my protein shake fixes my chocolate craving
    1 medium banana
    1 cup unsweetened silk almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use perfect fit)
    Blend and enjoy
    215 calories