Rinsing Can of Baked Beans?

Options
abatonfan
abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
This might be a really dumb question, but I am wondering how I will approach logging a can of rinsed baked beans. I threw in a small can of rinsed Bush's baked beans (primary ingredient is white beans but also has a ton of sugar in the sauce that I wanted to avoid taking insulin for) in my salad and do not know whether to log it as the associated weight of Bush's baked beans (though I rinsed off all the sauce) or the associated weight of generic canned white beans.

Replies

• Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Most commercial baked beans are made of navy beans (haricot). You could log it as that, although there may be some residual sugars.
  • thin_girl_wannabe
    Options
    I do things like this a lot. I take into consideration that some of the sauce is still a bit in the beans. If it were me, I would measure how many cups of white beans, and then add an extra ingredient to make up for the caloric different, depending upon what I took out.

For your example: I would put in '2 cups of white beans' in my diary and add 1 tablespoon of molasses, honey, bbq sauce or whatever main-ingredient sauce of Bush's it was for whatever calories might have leached into the beans. It works pretty well, I think!
    I hope this helps and good luck!