So far I've 'LOST' 15 pounds!

Options
SunnyDuckz
SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
I've been at this for almost 2 months now. I'm glad I found this website!
My goal is to lose 40 more, but I'm so happy I've gotten past the 10lb mark this time (I've dieted so many times before and usually give up around the 10 lb mark, when things get tough).

We have an elliptical machine that we got a few years ago... it's served as a clothing hanger for a few years lol. I use it everyday now, for 45-60 minutes, sometimes more. How? I have been watching LOST on Netflix. Yes, I am probably the only person in the world who hadn't seen it before :D So I watch one (or 2 if it's a cliffhanger) on the laptop attached to my elliptical everyday.

Funny, the significance of the show name... 'LOST'. Lol. I'm almost onto season 2! I look so forward to watching it now, and I won't watch it unless I'm on the machine.

Replies

• bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It's so nice to reach a goal :) I also walk/jog while watching either a television show or a movie, it definitely helps the time pass by!! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    That is awesome! Nothing like a good distraction to make you forget what you're doing. I tried that yesterday at the track...I zone out when I put on my ipod music and always lose track of how many miles I've walked! Keep up the good work! :)
  • knrbaker
    knrbaker Posts: 21
    Options
    I love Lost and I missed the last season... hummm. Maybe I should take a page from your book and start walking and watching! Congratulations on your milestone and continued success :happy:
  • SunnyDuckz
    Options
    I'm almost to the end of season one and I'm loving it! Oh, and I fit into my old jeans today too. Bonus... :D
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every episode is a cliffhanger! If I had workout equipment in my home and followed this I would never be able to get up! Great show and good for you!
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love LOST!!! I would totally do this, but I have the complete series on blu-ray and it's just a DVD player in the basement where we have the treadmill. Instead I've been watching The Lord of the Rings movies. Each disc is an hour and a half, so I get two 45 minute workouts from each disc, four from each movie. It's SUCH a great distraction!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I feel so 'lost' when my hubby goes away on business and takes the only working iPod, it makes it terribly difficult to get onto that treadmill, and try to hear music on my p.o.s. phone's speaker..... so yesterday, he ordered me an iPod nano and it'll be here next week! So excited about the distraction. :) till then, he's home, and I can use his... love the distraction.

Congrats on your 15lb milestone, it's a big one!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, from a LOST fanatic. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I love the elliptical...I love reading "Self" magazine and other women focused workout and healthy lifestyle magazines while working out. Reading success stories and ideas for the future would just motivate me to keep at it. Plus it would take me about an hour to finish the entire magazine (I would read EVERYTHING). lol
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Awesome and good work! I watch netflix while on the treadmill and elliptical from my phone!
  • SunnyDuckz
    Options
    Every episode is a cliffhanger! If I had workout equipment in my home and followed this I would never be able to get up! Great show and good for you!
    Oh, yeah. Some days I'll watch 2 episodes. I'm so glad it goes on for several more seasons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!