Back to the dating scene.

Options
A little over five months ago, I left a very unhappy marriage. Now come the scarry part of dating. I have not dated in over 9 years, have had 2 kids and look nothing like I did 9+ years ago. I am starting new and taking care of me. I am scared, but looking forward to what life has in store for me.

Replies

• nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the beginning of the new you!!

I wish you all the success in the world!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:

How exciting!

Congrats for losing the 180 lbs of irritating husband. Good luck. You may find it's easier than you think out there.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I too lost about 180lb of husband a few years ago after 15 years am also getting into dating again. Feel free to friend me.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    AND I TOO AM WELCOMING U! and lol at 180 lbs of irritating husband. love it! i agree with the rest. its not as bad, nor as hard as it seems. when u find someone, and u find u dont like them for watever reason, u just stop talking to them. then u move onto the next until u find a man that fits YOU and that can appreciate YOU and will respect YOU for the truly amazing woman that im sure u are! best of luck to u!
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wishing you happiness, serenity and a healthy lifestyle, taking care of your mind, body and spirit!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi mommylma!

Welcome to MFP and to dating!

I've been divorced for 6 (yup! 6 years!) and just started dating... I was busy raising my klds - we never did the every other weekend thing - I ALWAYS had the kids... and now 2 are off to college, one still at home... but I have so much more time for myself... hence, MFP - my almost 40 lb weight loss and yes! I've started dating again.

Dating... It's so much better now! You really learn what you like and don't like in a person and I think I'm more vocal., more communicative, less inhibitive... so much many things that you learned the first time that you don't want to do the second time.

With you taking care of yourself, you'll feel more confident in all you do!

Good luck! Friend me if you want!

L.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    May sound silly but I'm 65, single for almost 12 years and have recently decided I want to find and have a man in my life. My weight and ol' lady body really puts a crunch on my confidence and I'm not sure if I could deal with a relationship again but I know I'm missing something in life and there's not 50 more years to go. So wish me luck and

Best of luck to you!! There's someone out there for everyone....the "right one"
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Welcome please believe in yourself You're a beautiful person . ALways remember that ! Best of luck
  • MaribelDM
    MaribelDM Posts: 12
    Options
    Mommylma!

Good luck with the dating ! Seems alot of us lost 180lbs in not -so- nice baggage! I too am a mom of young kids. Been there done that! it will get easier! the key is feeling GOOD about yourself before you are ready to date! Make sure your ready and FEEL GOOD about yourself first!

Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as as friend if you'd like ~:-)
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey right there with ya I left a bad marriage 13 years, two kids and alot of body abuse later. I had turned to food for support and it was not my friend!! I would like to meet a nice man again and have a happy relationship but I can't imagine doing that at my current weight. So I have decieded to work on myself and learn to like myself again before I can expect anyone else to like me.. Good luck hope we are both very succesful in our new lifes.. Feel free to friend request me!!
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    Speaking from experience, congrats on getting out of something that was unhealthy and unhappy. I went through an identical process, but only from the opposite experience. Having to deal with all the "mess" around that situation caused me to basically throw my health to the wind. But as most of the other posters have mentioned here (and as my friends and family constantly reminded me), I believed in myself and am in a MUCH happier place than I ever have been, and am making amends with my body for treating it so poorly, lol.

Good luck, and keep moving forward!