Hungry.

Options
hi! I recently started back at the gym a week ago. I had a baby nearly 5 months ago. I need to lose 50 pounds at least and I am doing ok with eating controlled portions and healthier choices however, I am sooooo hungry at night !!! Any ideas as an after supper snack that will satisfy me and keep me from torturing myself ????

Replies

• adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It probably wont satisfy you but i have 2 hershey kisses. Its what i allow myself for being kn my diet everyday. A sweet treat. Small and doesnt impact my calories much at all. Im a year into my baby weight. My little one just turned 13 months.... So im with you!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change your settings to lose one half pound a week. Do that for two or three weeks.
  • meghannhackney
    meghannhackney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein before bed, it helps keep you feeling full
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat a bigger breakfast, sometimes not eating enough at breakfast leads to hunger at night. Try eating a healthy snack in between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. If you do snack at night try vegi's. Celery with a little bit of peanut butter or almond butter. Just remember you didn't gain the weight overnight, it was gained over a matter of months. Be kind and love yourself, if you are determined then it will happen, just not overnight.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Change your settings to lose one half pound a week. Do that for two or three weeks.
    I agree.

It's risky to be that hungry. You are more likely to "fall off the wagon" and regain your weight when you are done. I know, I know, you want to lose the weight quickly and be done with it. Perhaps a compromise is to find out what your calorie settings would be for maintenance and eat at that level on the days you feel that hungry. Especially if you are nursing.

• snowlover14
    Options
    I don't know if this counts or not, but a friend of mine when using this site to lose her baby weight, listed every time she nursed and it gave back calories. She still lost weight, so I guess it didn't effect her to much. If you nurse, hope it helps.