Need a friend? My goal is 40lbs by summer!!

Options
Hi!
This is my second try at MFP and my first time discovering the community!
I have just begun logging and would love to see other friends logging too so I don't feel alone in this journey. I am 25 and looking to lose 40lbs by the summer. My motivation is currenty high and Id like to keep it that way!
If you need someone too or had similar goal, please don't hesitate to add me! We can do this, it's our year!
(I am also a FitBit user FYI)

Replies

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! More or less the same! :)
    27, aiming for 40ish lbs - if it happens by the summer woohoo! otherwise I'll keep at it until it happens :)
    Vivofit user though :P

Add me if you like :)
  • Mendy3107
    Options
    Hi!

Highly motivated also hoping to have this app to connect and meet people who are in the same journey!
  • rathiagu
    Options
    Great way to startup. I do want to loose the same weight. If it happens before summer that would be awesome. Good to have all you. I thought it was just me having trouble.
  • trishd6
    trishd6 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have 56 pounds to lose, trying to lose at least 30 by summer. Add me as a friend if you would like support and motivation!
  • rvtaylor1962
    rvtaylor1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose around 40 pounds as well...
  • jessyca864
    jessyca864 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped so many times! I could use some new friends and motivation. 49 lbs sounds like a wonderful goal
  • richgirl81
    richgirl81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone feel free to add me too! My goals are about the same I'm wanting to lose 30 I use vivofit :) more friends for support would be awesome!
  • jkoz050
    jkoz050 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am 24, and this is my second try at MFP, but have tried to lose weight many times, and have struggled with weight for a long time. I would love to lose 40 pounds by summer, but I am just trying to stay motivated, and teach myself good habits in terms of eating right and exercising. I am hoping with that, will come the weight loss.
  • cmbentley05
    Options
    Hey everyone !

I am looking to lose about 50 lbs with a short term goal of 30 lbs by this summer. This is my second try at MFP but this is the first time I am getting involved in the communities. I am also a fitbit user and I am trying to merge the two tools together to achieve my goals. I am looking for motivation and support !

Good luck everyone !!
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have similar goals and would ideally love to lose 30 lbs by summer. This is my second attempt at MFP as well. Feel free to add me as I would love to make a few friends on here.

I have an UP fitness band so I'd love to meet more UP users.
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I've got a rough goal of 30lbs by summer and would love some support :) I've attempted MFP a few times in the past but have always fallen off the wagon. I've told my partner that I'm using it this time (I'd always kept it a secret in the past as I've been embarrassed to talk about my weight) so hopefully this time will be different!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see so many new & motivated people. I hope you all stick with the eat less / move more plan & reach your goals slowly & in a healthy way. :smiley:
    Slow, small, gradual, cumulative changes in your lifestyle are most likely to continue the rest of your life & help you maintain weight loss.

With only 40 lb to lose, doing it by summer (6 months?) is not a realistic goal.
    1 lb per week at first would be, but that's going to slow to 0.5 lb per week pretty quickly.
    Over the last year, starting with 110 lb to lose, I've lost on average 1.5 lb per week. (Some weeks I was stalled, some weeks I lost 5 lb. It's not linear.) :angry:
    If I get rid of the last 30-ish by the end of this year, I'll be happy. Any earlier than that is a bonus.

Here's a newbie help post which compiles links to helpful info, including sexypants (go read it!!), accurate logging, goal setting (weight, calories, macros), and motivation / encouragement.

51637601.png
  • laishface
    laishface Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to loose 40 pounds by summer! And I'm a fitbit user, and I"d really love to get some more fitbit friends, because I find it very motivating to walk! I work from home, so it's easy for me to sit on my butt all day. Feed free to add me!
  • msbrittanyhelene
    msbrittanyhelene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been around the block a couple of times but this time I'm SERIOUS! Looking to lose 80ish pounds, hopefully by the end of 2015. Feel free to add me, I could use all the support I can get! :)
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My overall goal (40-ish pounds) is the same.
  • NDanforth
    Options
    This is my first time using MFP! I'm 26 and also looking to lose about 40ish pounds
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I would l-o-v-e to lose 40 lbs by summer too
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I started in June of 2014 and lost close to 40 lbs. Add me if you wish. I have an open diary so you can see my eclectic taste in food choices. LOL! The next 14 days will be abnormal as I am doing no meats or sugar due to a fast with my church. But it will be on after that!
  • sanone22
    Options
    Yep, me too, new to this and I'm looking to loose 40lbs by Sept. 1st. I don't know how to "add" or join the community really, but I am rooting for all of us!
  • Hyacinthgirl
    Hyacinthgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me too please :) Same boat!