Belly Hang?

Options
clim320
clim320 Posts: 3 Member
Do any of you ladies have a belly that hangs like, over itself after having a child? Mine has been like this since having my son and now that I am losing weight, I'm scared there will still be no hope for my tummy. Any before and afters?

Replies

• sharmaynet
    sharmaynet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the exact fear, I had both of my children by emergency c-section, my hang is awful!!! I have only just started my journey. I started 3 weeks ago at 184lb, Ive lost 10lb and want to get to around 130lb. But I'm thinking of starting to save for a tummy tuck??
  • deeasimacopoulos
    deeasimacopoulos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    look at this way, better to have tummy hang hidden in a one-piece, than a muffin top hanging out of a bikini!
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have one too! I'm down 30 lbs and it's gone in a little, but not much :(
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like a deflated balloon all wrinkled and saggy :neutral_face: I have seen pictures around on the site here that show after considerable time (and usually lifting) skin can shrink and get tighter. Certainly not a miracle cure, but marked improvement. But I agree I'd rather the loose skin over fat.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have it too. I think I always will unless I get surgery.
    I've just come to accept this. I'm not at a place to wear a bikini right now anyway and if I was, I'd also have to figure out what to do about all my stretch marks left by my two big ol' babies!
    There are some success stories out there though so don't lose all hope. I think genetics have a lot to do with it.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have the belly hang thing too... but it has gone down a lot after losing 50 lbs. I expect it to go away completely (or close to it) once I'm at a healthy weight. I've had 4 babies (2 natural, 2 c-sections).
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You mean like the one in my profile pic? I has already lost 2 inches off that September one. Before that, even my kids asked me if I were pregnant, only that, pregnancy tummy would be tight instead of mushy :(

I was at goal weight at the November one and there were 3~4 inches lost. I have recently started bodyweight strength training (using the book Body by You by Mark Lauren) and hopefully, I will be able to make more progress pictures not too long from now :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This is not me. But mine looks something like this =(y92spcd4m3ec.jpg
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    In the past when I los weight it went away considerably, I'm not holding out much hope this time. I think the gain, loss, gain an 3 pregnancies did a number on my belly. I'm lookin into surgery.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    One baby (25 yrs ago), one hysterectomy (23 yrs ago) and one bladder repair (15 yrs ago) results in one saggy wrinkly droopy belly hang. With two incisions that run hip to hip there is no muscle there to "tone". As someone else said its like a deflated balloon. Surgery is my only option, which once I have maintained my goal weight for a minimum of one year I will certainly consider. I had a consult a couple of years ago and the cost was very high and then I gained some back again so until I hold the weight off I won't even consider it.
  • koda287
    koda287 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what all you ladies feel and understand it completely. It's a horrible thing to have to deal with.
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    koda287 wrote: »
    I totally understand what all you ladies feel and understand it completely. It's a horrible thing to have to deal with.

No, terminal illness is a "horrible" thing. Belly hang is a minor down side of successful weight loss.

• nicoleambersumpter
    nicoleambersumpter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    look at this way, better to have tummy hang hidden in a one-piece, than a muffin top hanging out of a bikini!
    Exactly... I have excess skin from being over weight, but that skin is now not filled with fat! - I used to look down and really feel sad about it, but what would make me even more sad is putting the 5 stone back on and it being a used area to store fat! Lol
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts about stretch marks from pregnancy... Tiger Stripes. Belly hang from babies...well, it's my baby house. Weight loss and lifting helped, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
  • awilk575
    awilk575 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had this exact same problem after my baby was born. I tried everything to get the skin to tighten back up. I got my stomach muscles strong again, but still had that pesky skin. I did a body wrap by "it works!" and had dramatic improvements. I have only done one so far, but cannot wait to do more. Email me if you are interested in trying a wrap or some of the other products. They have all been really helpful in getting my sexy back after baby!
    Awilk575@gmail.com
    12hex4i7npeh.jpg
  • StaceyLeeB71
    StaceyLeeB71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    After my separation I went down to 103lbs. But even at that weight I still had "jelly belly"... as I affectionately call it... =)
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I still have mine but after losing 40 lbs its gone down A LOT. I'm crossing my fingers it will go away with my last 20-30 and it looks promising. I had a c section and gained 60+ lbs (not including the 40 I lost instantly from giving birth!). I think the fact that I only had my highest weight a short time helped. I'm also only 21 which should help but I'm not sure because genetics are against me. ;)
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Twins. Sigh. I'm wondering if I should just make friends with mine... it doesn't seem to want to leave me.
  • mariposa2007
    mariposa2007 Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had my kid 2 years ago and still have it. I lost 90lbs and it is improved, but not gone. I've started lifting and focusing on a few more core workouts, I think it will always be there unless I get surgery though. I may get it one day, but it's very expensive. I've read that dry brushing can improve it.
  • LittleRed2591
    LittleRed2591 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went from 185 down to 118 in my mid 50's. Between the weight loss, having had 3 children (one at 19, one at 26 and the last at 38) and just plain bad genetics I looked like a deflated balloon from the waist down. No amount of exercise would deal with that apron of excess skin I had around my lower abdomen. My gift to myself was admitting it was not going to go away on it's own or through exercise and saving up my money for a tummy tuck. I had that done 5 years ago and I still think it was the best money I ever spent on myself. I had just gone through a divorce that had left me feeling so self conscious about my appearance (he was NOT a very supportive guy) and with self esteem that was totally tanked. It helped in restoring all of that for me, though it was only a part of it. I'm very happily remarried now to a man that wouldn't have cared either way because he loves me for ME. I know many women don't have a problem with excess skin but for those of us that do, and if it's really bothersome, I see no problem in having that skin removed. I'm not a rich person by ANY means, but where I lived at the time, it was relatively affordable and I cut back on other things to save up for it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!