What was your "THAT'S IT!" Moment?

Options
I've known I am overweight for a while, but I thought I'd always get round to losing it eventually and I have lost a wee bit here and there over the last couple of years, but always put it back on again(and more), but when I stood on the scales after Christmas and I was 110Kg; That was my "THAT'S IT! ENOUGH NOW!!" moment. It was like a line in the sand had been drawn and 110kg was just so much worse than 109kg . I'm now at 106 after two weeks and my target is 90kg at year end. What was your moment?

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Having to go out and buy a bigger pair of jeans.
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I saw a photo of myself from a party last Jan (2014) and I was horrified whenI looked at it I could not believe it was me! I do not know why the mirror did not do that to me. I did not realize how slowly from high school the weight had piled on over the last 14 years.
  • LaurenAundrea0957
    Options
    Finding a note on my dad's iPad outlining my weight gain over the last three years and how he thinks I may have a problem...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    When my doctor told me I was insulin resistant (which I've since reversed).
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I was told I'd be labeled a diabetic if I didn't lose weight. That and I was just tired of not having control over my own body. It's scary: your body is 100% undoubtedly yours, yet not being able to control it is a terrible feeling.
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    my moment was when I was in the hospital 14 months ago for an infection I had never realised at the time while in there how bad off I was till I went to a follow visit with the urologist and he told me that the particular infection I had he had seen 5 times that past year in patients like myself with out of control diabetes and that I was the only to have survived (all he asked was for me not to waste this last chance I have.I made a promise to him and more importantly to myself and family to lose this weight ) I am now off all meds down 166 lbs in 10 months and going to be running in a 10 k this june at 41 before this year I have never even ran 10 mins in my life without quitting
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    When I caught my young daughter crying one night after I thought she was asleep. I went in to talk to her to see what was wrong, and she told me she was crying because she was afraid of losing me because I was overweight. I am a single mom, and she thought I was going to die and leave her alone. Of course, this was thanks to a health class she had recently taken where they discussed the dangers of obesity. But it really made me realize the stress my poor habits and weight gain were even causing her. I promised her I would make changes, and I did. We started by going for walks together, and then I found MFP and started tracking calories shortly after. I have now lost 65 pounds. No more night time crying episodes from her. :)
  • hopeful1106
    hopeful1106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I couldnt fot any of the jeans and blouses at a store. I know that I need to do better.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When I was on a business trip and had trouble keeping up w/ my boss at the time (on stairs and in the Amtrak station). I knew I was way too overweight...I even realized I'd been morbidly obese for years, but didn't really care that much until that day because I'd never had any trouble keeping up with average people until then.
  • sgrewal87
    Options
    When all I can fit is into my yoga pants works...
  • hindms
    hindms Posts: 6
    Options
    When i went shopping and I couldn't fit in to anything I liked
  • erikajc1989
    Options
    I saw a picture someone else had taken of me. when I take pictures of myself it's easy to angle and pose right, but seeing myself thru someone else's eyes made me realize I let myself go badly
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    -Being diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism.
    -Not finding my size ANYWHERE with cute clothes
    -Realizing that the only one that can change and motivate me is me.