Need a friend? My goal is 40lbs by summer!!

Options

Replies

• trollnorsk
    trollnorsk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love an add! Second time using mfp too. Need some serious motivation!
  • shermaine8812
    Options
    Feel free to add me I just joined I'm 27 and need to lose 40 lbs
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 6 months is a fairly aggressive goal. I am down 26 with 64 more to go, so anyone who wants to add me, feel free to. But I am realistic about it. 2 pounds a week is fine when you are much heavier because your body needs more calories to maintain. But as you start to drop weight, your body no longer needs as much causing you to either restrict more (not healthy) or to have to really increase your activity level (which can result in easy gain back after you are done if you aren't prepared to maintain that lifestyle). Not trying to be mean. Just a heads up for you. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week myself but will probably have to bump it down to 1.5 in another 5-10 pounds.
  • megansteen
    Options
    I'm 28 avid fit bitter and back on the mfp wagon again. Lost 80 pounds when i was in my late teens..got married had two kids 15 months apart gained about 60. Lost 30. Got another 20-30 to got. NEED MOTIVATION add me.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    About the same or more. I'm 27, active on here
  • shelley1179
    shelley1179 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I had back surgery about a year and a half ago and put weight on because I was very sedentary. I would love I lose 30 pounds by summer. I started tracking last week and lost two pounds. So happy!
  • NicoleEastman
    NicoleEastman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone !

I am looking to lose about 50 lbs with a short term goal of 30 lbs by this summer. This is my second try at MFP but this is the first time I am getting involved in the communities. I am also a fitbit user and I am trying to merge the two tools together to achieve my goals. I am looking for motivation and support !

Good luck everyone !!

Would you like a fitbit friend? Not sure how to add someone though lol email I think?
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I've got a rough goal of 30lbs by summer and would love some support :) I've attempted MFP a few times in the past but have always fallen off the wagon. I've told my partner that I'm using it this time (I'd always kept it a secret in the past as I've been embarrassed to talk about my weight) so hopefully this time will be different!

I finally told my partner too! I thought he would have more to say but he was just accepting and thinks it's just fine!
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    It's nice to see so many new & motivated people. I hope you all stick with the eat less / move more plan & reach your goals slowly & in a healthy way. :smiley:
    Slow, small, gradual, cumulative changes in your lifestyle are most likely to continue the rest of your life & help you maintain weight loss.

With only 40 lb to lose, doing it by summer (6 months?) is not a realistic goal.
    1 lb per week at first would be, but that's going to slow to 0.5 lb per week pretty quickly.
    Over the last year, starting with 110 lb to lose, I've lost on average 1.5 lb per week. (Some weeks I was stalled, some weeks I lost 5 lb. It's not linear.) :angry:
    If I get rid of the last 30-ish by the end of this year, I'll be happy. Any earlier than that is a bonus.

Here's a newbie help post which compiles links to helpful info, including sexypants (go read it!!), accurate logging, goal setting (weight, calories, macros), and motivation / encouragement.

51637601.png

Thank you for the information! I hope everyone checks it out
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    laishface wrote: »
    I'd like to loose 40 pounds by summer! And I'm a fitbit user, and I"d really love to get some more fitbit friends, because I find it very motivating to walk! I work from home, so it's easy for me to sit on my butt all day. Feed free to add me!

Do you know how I add fitbit friends? Is it via email? Id love to connect there too!
  • bmidgett
    Options
    I would like to loose 25 pounds by summer, I need encouragement and support . I love to walk
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    40 pounds in 6 months is a fairly aggressive goal. I am down 26 with 64 more to go, so anyone who wants to add me, feel free to. But I am realistic about it. 2 pounds a week is fine when you are much heavier because your body needs more calories to maintain. But as you start to drop weight, your body no longer needs as much causing you to either restrict more (not healthy) or to have to really increase your activity level (which can result in easy gain back after you are done if you aren't prepared to maintain that lifestyle). Not trying to be mean. Just a heads up for you. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week myself but will probably have to bump it down to 1.5 in another 5-10 pounds.

I always appreciate information! The more you know the better you can better yourself! I only intend to get to my goal through healthy lifestyle changes in a reasonable time frame and I hope we are all able to do so! Aim for the stars and if you miss you may on the moon!
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    megansteen wrote: »
    I'm 28 avid fit bitter and back on the mfp wagon again. Lost 80 pounds when i was in my late teens..got married had two kids 15 months apart gained about 60. Lost 30. Got another 20-30 to got. NEED MOTIVATION add me.

Would love to connect via fitbit, not sure how so let me know if you'd like to and what info you need!
  • bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    Fell free to ad me I have 50 plus pounds to shred
  • NicoleEastman
    Options
    jkoz050 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me too! I am 24, and this is my second try at MFP, but have tried to lose weight many times, and have struggled with weight for a long time. I would love to lose 40 pounds by summer, but I am just trying to stay motivated, and teach myself good habits in terms of eating right and exercising. I am hoping with that, will come the weight loss.

I share all your hopes and concerns! I feel like you are reading a page from my book! We can do this
  • AMRobChicago
    AMRobChicago Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there- I'm looking to lose 40lbs by summer as well. I am a jawbone user... Would love some friends and encouragement from this community. Good luck everyone!
  • cucumbermelon75
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am trying MFP for the second time and want some accountability. My goal is to lose about 20 lbs by the summer. I love to walk and I just got a Vivofit. Would also love to make some new friends and encouragements from this community. Thanks!

• jazzcollege
    Options
    I'm in the same boat I'm a newly wed and started gaining weight as so as the vows were done! I need help!!
  • Athena48
    Athena48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my goal is 48lbs ive lost 14lbs so far looking to have lost it by July when my son was born, looking for friends to keep motivated on this journey please add me if you feel we can support each other x

• akdiva38
    akdiva38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I could use all the support I can get. I lost my way big time after losing some weight this summer. Need to get back on track. :#