Exercise Logging Help

Options
I was wondering if I should turn off my iPhone step calculator on MFP when I exercise and just log it in via normal exercise or if I should leave my step tracking on and log in my exercise as well. Thanks

Replies

• willjorgensen
    willjorgensen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also am curious about this
  • Brookebunte
    Options
    How do you even log your exercise into this app? I'm new to this!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You obviously don't get to count it twice.
    I'm not sure if your step counter is logging what is acutally normal daily activity which is factored into your daily allowance already. I would just turn it off altogether.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I guess it's personal preference?

I don't like logging the steps from my iPhone in for a couple of reasons:
    1- if it's part of my daily routine then it's not classified as extra exercise, and I shouldn't be "earning" exercise calories back from it since MFP has already accounted for it, which is what happened when I logged my steps.
    2- my step tracker on the iPhone goes up by about 700 when I'm sitting on the train, and the shake of the carriage counts as a step.

@Brookbunte there is an exercise button in the top tab of the website for you to pick options from. If you're using an apple device, its in the '+' button at the bottom centre of your screen. If you're using an android, if you select the 'add to diary' option, if you scroll down a bit there is the option to add in cardiovascular or strength training. Select the type of exercise you're doing from the drop boxes, and oui la!