lone wolf?

Options
I am on day 21 and already wanting to pull my hair out. The only people in my life don't care what they eat because at the end of the day they are still thin. It would be nice to have someone to talk to that understands how yummy junk food is and how much more I want it when I know I really shouldn't. Over being the lone fat wolf... But maybe I'm not so alone?

I have lost and gained weight for many years and would like to get off this rollercoaster already. I have learned a lot over the years and I still have more to learn.

I am at ~240 and would like to get down to ~165. I would like to meet people with a common goal. I want to learn the smartest way to get and stay healthy. To understand I am human and will make mistakes. Just because I have a bad day dose not make tomorrow not worth it.

I think having a good group of people would help a lot. I want people to ask questions and help cheer me on with me doing the same for them.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Your definitely not alone!! That's exactly how I was also. I still love food, and still eat junk food daily. But now after being here a while, ive learned portion control and moderation. I weigh 135 lbs now :-) no pills or any other fad diets. Just weighing and measuring and logging foods. It really works. Mfp teaches the tools needed for long term success. You can do it too!!! :-)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. :)
  • jdstizzy
    jdstizzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Though you may seem like a lone wolf, you are NOT alone! And that is 100% truth.
    I am right there with you. Enjoying eating so much, self-discipline seems impossible. And desiring healthy and fit so much more than eating, yet you so often slip up, you wonder, "Is it even worth it?"

Staying active was so easy for me in high school when I was on the sports teams. But hey. Now that college is here, the activity level is completely dependent on me.
    I, too, am 21, and want to be back to my healthiest by the time I turn 22. So what will we do? We will start with one small victory at a time.

Feel free to add me, because I don't yet know how to add people. :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You sound like I was, right at the point of change. I'm now off the rollercoaster and a healthy weight.
    And an expert.

I see some fitpros boasting about being lone wolves and it confuses me. Lone wolves are the outcasts. Shunned and left for dead. Wolves are supposed to be pack.