Help! 1200 cal a day not met but not hungry!

Options
Can someone help? I have a 1200 calorie a day diet, eat clean and rarely meet it because i do about 45 mts of cardio... I see all the posts saying i wont lose if i dont meet my calories but im NOT hungry enough to and dont wanna force myself to eat. I drink tons of water and ONLY water....i eat pretty clean... No sugar

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eating less than 1200 calories is not healthy, you will be missing nutrients. You also need to eat back most or all of your calories burned as well. When you are not hungry you should at least try to eat something with a little fat in it like peanut butter or ice cream to get to your goal. Remember, today you may not be hungry or even tomorrow but that my change. Best wishes :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Assuming that your logging is accurate and you aren't eating more than you think (it's pretty common to underestimate) adding more calorie dense foods is a quick way to increase the calories without adding a lot of extra food to your day.

This is a generic list and doesn't account for your personal definition of clean, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies or medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat diary
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    If your diary says you've not eaten any sugar, you're probably not logging correctly, or you're on an all meat/fish diet?
  • Jagallag
    Options
    What do your nutrients look like? Sometimes I'm not hungry but I'll be damned I'm not missing my protein goal!
  • abuehner713
    abuehner713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I am usually anywhere from 59-200 under my 1200 cal. I'm entering everything I eat. I stopped drinking my calories as well except for milk. I've lost 2 pounds this week but I'm doing low carb. There are times where I am hungry yes and now I just found out I'm pregnant. So I have to change up my goals here after I talk with my doctor.
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    Im not eating any breads but i do eat brown rice cakes with PB2 and i am not eating or drinking any refined sugar unless its natural like fruit. Im going to get a food scale so i can make sure im calculating properly. Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bethany7053
    Bethany7053 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am never hungry- I have to remind myself to eat. Just a few days ago, I looked at the clock and realized I had gone over 8/9 hours without eating anything. My calories are always around 800-1000. I started eating natural peanut butter on pretzels or bananas as a snack because its a quick 200-300 calories.
  • vegasvada
    vegasvada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've learned to listen to my body. My calorie goal is higher but I work a physical job and on my feet 40 hours a week. 3 days of cardio and strength training on top of that and still come in under most days. Just make sure you are eating healthy foods and logging them right. Then if you have a day when your suddenly really hungry then hey you know you have the extra calories.
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat diary
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
    Your list is making me hungry haha ;)
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Nikkkosmom wrote: »
    Can someone help? I have a 1200 calorie a day diet, eat clean and rarely meet it because i do about 45 mts of cardio... I see all the posts saying i wont lose if i dont meet my calories but im NOT hungry enough to and dont wanna force myself to eat. I drink tons of water and ONLY water....i eat pretty clean... No sugar

Are you saying that you're not hungry enough to eat back the calories you burn? Or can't even eat 1200? I'm a little confused by the bolded statement.

If you simply can't eat back the calories you burn, that doesn't matter. I try to eat back no more than half of my burned calories...some days I manage to eat none of them, which makes me happy!

You really should not go below 1200 though. No, you will NOT stop losing weight if you do. That's a load of BS. You will lose weight on 500 calories a day, but your body won't function correctly. (I lost weight one time super fast on 800 calories a day, plus exercising...don't recommend it!)

Like a post I noticed near the beginning, try to eat higher fat/calorie foods if you're struggling with volume.
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    I cant eat back the calories i burn.....
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nikkkosmom wrote: »
    I cant eat back the calories i burn.....

Why not?
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You refuse to eat more because you don't want to. None of us are going to be able to help you. Add things from that lady's list or just don't eat.