Donut NSV!

Options
Confession: I LOVE carbs. When paired with large amounts of sugar, I love them even more. And if they are deep fried . . . well, you get the picture.

My husband and I stopped at our favorite grocery store last Sunday and per tradition, picked up a dozen sugared fry cakes. We usually freeze half and then spread them out over a couple of weeks, but this time I decided that although I didn't want to deprive him from one of our faves, I was not going to succumb to temptation. I was going to let the sit on the counter and disappear slowly in his lunch box throughout the week just to show myself that I have self-control and do not have to eat donuts if they are put in front of me (lucky for me I'm stubborn).

It is now Thursday. I have seen those donuts sitting there every morning as I put my whole wheat bagel into the toaster. I have seen them sitting there as I pack my lunch full of low-fat dairy products and veggies. I have seen them sitting there as I get home from classes at the end of the day and have the munchies.

And I have not touched a one. I now have no desire to even eat one from this batch, since I know it will make my numbers go CRAZY and I will feel bad the rest of the day. I'm not swearing off donuts forever, but as for now, I can do without. Yay, me and those little NSVs that really make you feel good about your healthy lifestyle journey!

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job hun!! :flowerforyou:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    Mind if I borrow some of that self-control for the summer? :tongue:
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @aekriebs - That is so awesome!!! congrats....big up's on the NSV!!!!!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    THAT is frigin impressive. I am stubborn but there is no way in hell I could have those right in front of my face and not eat them. Congrats
  • ebonythrives
    ebonythrives Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! That is huge and well deserved as I too love donuts & all of the above when it comes to carbs. You should be so proud of yourself because you beat out the donuts in your daily stare down. Keep up the good work and may we all every day continue to join NSV towards a bigger goal of SV in the near future!

Ebony
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That. is. awesome. You deserve a big hug!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great job.... you know how hard it can be to work it off. I know for me I really have to want it bad because I don't want to work an extra 15 or 20 minutes in the gym to work it back off. Keep it up and great will power!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is great!!! I love donuts......and have not brought any into my home!! Don't know if I could of done it!!
  • MissDarlingXOXO
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade or anything because it takes SOOOOO much self-control to not eat those donuts and that is so AWESOME and you must be commended for that! ...BUT bagels are actually really bad for you to eat too...full of carbs and sugar, even if its whole wheat.
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade or anything because it takes SOOOOO much self-control to not eat those donuts and that is so AWESOME and you must be commended for that! ...BUT bagels are actually really bad for you to eat too...full of carbs and sugar, even if its whole wheat.

I realize that not all bagels are created equal: so I bought mini whole wheat ones with as low of sugar as I could find, so all in all they aren't too bad (and keep me from tucking into the donuts!), and then I pair them with a good amount of protein like yogurt in the morning. It's a compromise, and they are handy for when I don't have time to cook oatmeal in the morning (as I am a student and it is finals week, that is all the time right now).

Thanks for your concern! No bubbles burst. :)
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @aekriebs ENJOY your mini whole wheat bagel!!! and ENJOY you NSV!!!

And People : if you need assistance with your food intake please contact a Doctor or Nutrionist/Dietician who knows about your body/medical needs and not someone who rains on parades! Yeah I meant you.

We are all in this together!!! congrats aekriebs!!!!!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wonderful self-control!
  • MissDarlingXOXO
    Options
    oh thats awesome! man, i should find me those mini bagels - i have been craving bagels so bad ever since I started my diet! :laugh:
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    way to go! i have an M&M dispenser on my counter that tourtures me that same way - but i look at it so differently now!
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great JOB!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job exercising self control! I can only hope I would be that strong:embarassed:
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    way to go! i have an M&M dispenser on my counter that tourtures me that same way - but i look at it so differently now!

M&M's would be a much harder step for me! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!