100 lb Weight Loss Goal

Options
Hello Everyone. I am Brianna. My goal is to lose 100 pounds over the next year. I have never admitted to anyone my true feelings about my weight. I have had 2 kids and stepped on the scale and weighed 258 which is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I feel so discouraged. Before I got pregnant with my first child I weighed 155 and was the healthiest I had ever been. I coming here for much needed support after hearing about the my Fitness Pal ap from a coworker. I hope it works. Any tips and advice would be great. I am a busy mom of 2 and a wife and recipes or exercises to make my life easier would be great! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• litenupalready
    litenupalready Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Our stories are so similar! I'll send you a friend request!
  • amsbabs
    amsbabs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. I'm a mom of 3 with a little more than 100 to lose.
  • cocoapuff27
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I would love to know what works for you :)
  • lculpepper9818
    Options
    I just started as well and need to lose 90 lbs. I am a high school teacher and mother of 2 teenagers. I want to be successful but when I am stressed, eating takes over. Like you, I am hoping to find support in this process.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent and achievable goal.

The truth is, FINDING time is going to be hard. Here's the key. You don't find it (because you never will), you have to MAKE IT! I'm a mama of 5. I don't have time for myself but, because it is so important to me, I make it. I make time to exercise, I make time to log my calories, and I make time to cook more than go out.

I've had to battle my way back to "the best shape of my life" 5x's now. It can be done and YOU CAN DO IT! Be patient with yourself and your body, own up to your food, and get up and enjoy being active.

Feel free to "friend" me, if you'd like. I have lots of experience falling down and getting back up. I teach group exercise classes, know TONS of good (free) workouts online, and most importantly, love to give support to others that are on the same journey I am/have been on.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you interested in?
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Same 100 lb goal here with an open diary! Feel free to add
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Having lost over one hundred pounds, I can tell you your goal is very doable. If you can lose five, you can lose a hundred and five. Just like if you can walk to your mailbox, you can walk to the end of the street. Best of luck.
  • fatkyrie
    Options
    Same, mother of teen , dont want her to be unhealthy. I have been on a lifetime die since age 15. Always watching and exercising. Now at 227 my body is paying the toll. Hypertenion, knee pain and back pain. So back on a diet. Forcing myself to walk a mile a day, logging every calorie . For me maintaining the motivated will be the key. I support your effort i think friends are key .
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle all to well. I have lost 105 and still need to lose 145. I am clearly not a mom :) but I am a Dad of 4 and a grandfather of 3 so I want to be healthy and whole for my family. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • cmbeauchamp123
    cmbeauchamp123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here, I have had 3 children and busy life. I'm a newbie (8 days) on mfp, but so far having the support and exchange with members has been great. I have 83 lbs to lose; I have lost 7 so far, You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Briannacli
    Options
    I appreciate every last one of you for the support! It feels good to know that I have a common goal with you guys. I can not thank you enough. I will be getting in touch with individually over the next days.
  • festiegurl87
    Options
    I am Bebe . I have had a love hate relationship with food since I was a kid.
    I need to lose 100lbs for health reasons and I'm only 27.
    Hopeful this will make me accountable for my bad choices in eating habits.