when is the most accurate time to weigh yourself?

Options
When is the most accurate time to weight yourself? I always thought that it was as soon as you wake up and been to pass urine so your body weight is after you have been fasting over night.

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    After you wake up and go to the bathroom - #2 especially, eww :)

But please remember that weighing yourself day-to-day isn't going to be very accurate. You can gain 2-3lbs from absolutely nothing. Look at the overall trend in your weight, not peaks and valleys in between. I gained a lot of my sanity back by weighing myself only once a week and not obsessing over numbers. Your mental health is just as important.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you do it the same time of day, you're okay. And as mentioned, just once a week is best (although I don't follow that myself.....:tongue: I do it first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, before eating or drinking anything).
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Like shauna said, doing it around the same time of the day each time you do it.

I tend to do it as soon as I wake up on a Saturday usually.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I prefer first thing in the morning, naked (or close to it LOL), before eating and after a 'productive' trip to the bathroom. LOL
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    your weight fluctuates all day. There's no "accurate" time. Just stick to the same time of day, once a week at most.
  • dbenedit
    dbenedit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself regularly, but find my measuring tape to be a more accurate gauge of my progress. I weight train, so sometimes the scale does not reflect a loss. But my measurements are consistently showing smaller numbers. And I've gone down 2 sizes in my jeans :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    7 am, after taking off all my clothing and jewelry, peeing myself inside out, fart, burp and spit.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    everybody is correct when they say to just pick a time and be consistent with it. I personally do like mornings better. I think it gives me a better true weight.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I hate when they make me weigh at the doctor... Fully clothed and shod. I make them hold my keys and phone and wallet. Lol
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, also known in our household as "Naked and Afraid".
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    why are people saying "once a week is best"? maybe for you, but i weigh myself every morning when i wake up after i pee. that works better for me.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    mckat08 wrote: »
    First thing in the morning, also known in our household as "Naked and Afraid".

too funny!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Necrothread!
    @moto450‌ Why?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    why are people saying "once a week is best"? maybe for you, but i weigh myself every morning when i wake up after i pee. that works better for me.

+1

I did the weekly weigh in until I got on with two pounds of TOM weight and spent a weekend feeling really depressed. Once a week doesn't tell you the whole story--the water weight from salt in a single restaurant meal can mask a loss.

ETA: how do people find these???
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    2012 THREAD.