what is paleo

Options
i am struggling with how to eat. today i tried to just stay within the calories and it's really hard! i feel like lower carb is better for me but when i logged blue cheese dressing that i ate with celery it was 450 calories. it seems like the only thing i can eat to stay within 1200 is fruit and veggies, which is good to do, i guess, but it's hard. i'm used to low carb and i feel like i really need protein. what is this paleo everyone is talking about?

Replies

• Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are other things that you can eat, if your looking for tips feel free to look at my diary
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I don't know really. I googled it, maybe the diary is meant, where you eat mostly fish, meat, and vegetables, and no processed carbs.

If you like high protein and low carb, I strongly recommend chicken and broccoli (or similar food). Very lean meat, Brocooli has almost no cal's. You can take a look at my diary. There are a lot of chicken*vegetable meals, from which I usually got MORE than stuffed ... there was a time, I was tired of chicken. You can also try 3 or 4 egg whits, and one whole egg. VERY high on protein and low to zero carbs. And also very quickly made.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    i logged blue cheese dressing that i ate with celery it was 450 calories.

Blue cheese dressing (along with other creamy style dressings) have tons of calories and fat. Try switching it out with something like hummus. Only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons. Or try a light/low fat blue cheese dressing.

As for paleo...

http://thepaleodiet.com/
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
  • moonunit7
    moonunit7 Posts: 7
    Options
    i logged blue cheese dressing that i ate with celery it was 450 calories.

Blue cheese dressing (along with other creamy style dressings) have tons of calories and fat. Try switching it out with something like hummus. Only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons. Or try a light/low fat blue cheese dressing.

Thanks, great suggestion. I love hummus.
  • moonunit7
    moonunit7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions and help!