25, 3 children, uni student UK

Options
hi everyone, I'm Rachel. I'm trying a different approach to losing my baby weight by using this app rather than slimming world.
I have 2 boys 8 and 5. 1 girl 7 months old.
From the West Midlands, go to BCU.
Desperately want to lose 3 stone.
Starting my journey today!!

Replies

• fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wish you the best of luck!
  • a0156rp
    a0156rp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you fizzleh
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it with MFP. Don't try to lose too fast; it's a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • a0156rp
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes I'm taking the scenic route , I'm so busy with uni, work and 3 young children. I don't have the time for slimming world at the moment.
    Hoping xmas time I'll be at or nearly at goal.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Scenic route, genius way of putting it!
    If you’re just starting out I’d recommend reading these two threads as they contain good, honest information that will set you on the right track:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • a0156rp
    Options
    Thanks ransaka, I'll have a browse!
    Hopefully I'll be staying on the right track. X
  • shim101
    shim101 Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Firstly I'd like to commend you on the juggling of three kids, work and uni. I have two boys and am on maternity leave and I find it a challenge so you are already an inspiration. I am new to this and have found that tracking my eating has helped dramatically...... But as we're always told its a marathon not a sprint! Once you're committed you will be fine! Add me please, would love to share your journey with you!

• a0156rp
    Options
    Hi shim, I was back to work 2 weeks after my youngest was born - only working 3 days a week 21 hours so not too bad.
    its a challenge that's why I've had no time to think about losing weight- just grab and go.
    Hopefully this is the big step the get back to my normal weight it's been not far off 1.5 years now, my youngest is 7 months.
    How much are you planning to lose?
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, welcome to MFP. I'm also from the west midlands, 3 kids and have lost just over a stone with about another 3 to go. I used to do slimming world but it can be an uncomfortable place for a bloke so now I get all the accountability I need from my friends on MFP.

Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • a0156rp
    Options
    Thanks rich! Well done for your loss so far! Here's to the next 3 stone. X