I had a good start before the Holiday's and then.

Options
i was using the app to track everything daily and it was holding me accountable for what I ate and exercised. Then came Christmas to New Years timeframe and my son was off school and I just used it as an excuse to eat what I wanted and stop working out. It's what I've always allowed myself to do one bad day leads to another and the train wreck continues from there. The more you eat bad the worse you feel and the les motivated to work out I get its a bad pattern and I'm back at it again. I had lost 16 lbs before the holiday and gained back 4 lbs just can't stop tracking myself and being accountable.

Replies

• jack0912
    jack0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You did it before Xmas you can do it again. I find its all about breaking bad habits
    . I also find myself doing like you and if I have one bad day I let it roll to.a week or more.. but this time I'm determined to stick.with it and so far I'm doing okay.. track all your meals today and just start by making sure everything goes down and you start new habits of tracking and been kind to yourself :)
  • CRIMSONCRUISERS
    CRIMSONCRUISERS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day , make a new start, get a buddie
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I took a break for the holidays too, but they're gone for another year, so back to business.
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, don't let it take away your motivation!!! A couple of bad days does not equal failure and 4 pounds is easy to recover from with a clear mindset :) that still means your down 12 pounds!!!! That's awesome!!!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Begin a new start today.

The holidays are tough. Bit of a train wreck for me with goodies and chocolates and all the everythings, too. I'm glad I was almost at maintenance before the holiday season rolled around, so I had 8 months or so of good habits built up to fall back on in the new year.

The trick is to chalk it up as done and don't look back. Break the pattern and get back at it. It's all you can do.
  • crepesuzetteorange
    crepesuzetteorange Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. I knew christmas would be challenging so prepared for it. I allowed myself those extras because basically it only comes once a year and would be silly not to enjoy it.

You can continue with your journey and learn from it. You are still doing really well but in future be prepared for occasions like this. A little preparation beforehand can really help.
  • rescuejt
    rescuejt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone got a good start yesterday trying to focus on all of the diet level as a goal this week. Before I just watched calorie intake and exercise ocassionally protein too. Going for all of it now plus some stretch in for better flexibility too.