Any TRX users out there?

Options
I have the TRX Suspension Trainer and the TRX Rip Trainer and have been using the workouts that came with each system and have also found some interesting ones on YouTube. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has any favorite workouts, tips/advice, positions/moves, or anything related to these that they'd like to share? I'm always on the look out for ways to keep it interesting for myself. (Then I'm looking forward to trying out the new thing and more likely to actually do it!)
Thanks!

Replies

• itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The plank to pike and plank abduction/adduction are both killer.
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    Are you able to sustain the basic moves for 20-45 seconds before moving on? Variety is good but don't short change proper form and endurance for it.
    "Plank to pike" is my worst move. Just no flexion in the hips, but two cracked vertebrae doesn't help either.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of issues with the hamstring raise thingy. I'm getting better, but I've still got some work to do.

I like BodyFit By Amy's YouTube TRX videos. I also like this workout:pinterest.com/pin/526428643918119164/
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I own and use two suspension trainers: A Jungle Gym XT and a CrossCore 180. Love them both. Not a big fan of the TRX brand, at least not for the price they charge. You could get a better one for that price.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I've been using a suspension trainer for a few year now, Jungle Gym XT.
    It really helps with body weight progressions.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I made my own TRx and I have two of them . cheap, effective and a perfect alternative for gym.
  • Mzsweetypye
    Mzsweetypye Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lean back do a squat (A low squat) and hold and I most definitely activated my Glutes! (Couldn't sit dwn!) :#