Help!! Never written before!

Options
Hi all hope you can help?!
Been doing my fitness pal since the beginning of the year and have lost 9lb, but this morn when I weighed myself I've put 2lbs on!!! How is this possible?? I log everything I eat and don't go over calories, I don't always log exercise as I don't feel I need to?
What has happened?! Feeling meh about it!!
Thanx in advance for any opinions and help, Jill x

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    water fluctuations - it's natural - weight always goes up and down a few pounds (or possibly more) over time due to: change in exercise programme; sodium in diet; time of the month / ovulation and hormones

Do not worry if you're doing everything right just weigh yourself again in a week
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    This is totally normal. You could have had too much sodium, could be your muscles retaining water, could be you are around your time of the month... Keep doing what your doing and it will go back down... don't stress!

Also, do you weigh your food with a scale? That helps tons :)

This is normal, don't let it freak you out! Keep up the good work!
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank for supportive advice it's much appreciated. Yeah I weigh it my meals if needed etc.
    could well be near time of the month, I fluctuate so never the same due to pcos (nightmare!!)
    Will try my hardest to not let it get me down, super advice and thanx again xx
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Weight loss is non linear. It's like a downwardly trending stock ticker - wild fluctuations all over the place, but a general downward trend.

nokia-stock-chart.png

You have to look at the big picture, over months/years rather than days/weeks.

Watch the forest, not the trees.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    You're fine. I was up by more than two pounds yesterday because I had a little carb-and-salt-fest the night before. This morning that bloat is gone AND I've dropped half a pound from my pre-bloat weight. Bodies do weird things sometimes; one of the more common weird things is the occasional minor weight fluctuation.
  • elena66t
    Options
    Weight ur self in the mornig before u drink anything and u have use the restroom. Try to do with no clothe on. Amd yes up 3 to 5 ponds are normal it has to do with ur digestive system.