No carbs or dairy detox!

Options
I'm on a no carbs or dairy detox for a few weeks but I'm getting really bored of my food as I'm only really eating mince! Any suggestions for different recipes?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Honestly?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What is that intended to detox? Are you eating vegies (considering they have carbs)? Do you even poop?
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I need detox of the forums
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Really? What health benefits are a mince-only diet going to have?

Your body is well equipped to 'detox' itself, it's what your liver and kidneys are for.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Americans call it ground beef so just thought I should clear that up since some may not know what you are talking about OP. Guess at least it's high protein and has fat. Better than water detoxes I guess.
  • hugodaddy
    hugodaddy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If ure going to have a no carb diet ure gona feel pritty energyless for a bit... at least have some carbs in the morning like oats or fruit... pro bodybuilders who get down to 4%bf still have at least 100g of carbs. Couldnt you also have chicken/ turkey intead of mince seeing as theres less saturated fat in them and less colesterol. U could also go with fish with healthy fats like salmon or makeral
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Lol. I love MFP, it's fun.
  • Sarah2011f
    Options
    I meant ground beef mince... And I do have porridge with water in the mornings! Energy hasn't been too bad, I've got energy from other good groups like eggs and protein just try to keep carbs low as possible! Weight is staying the same now so think it's getting used to what I'm eating. What to loose more fat now
  • Sarah2011f
    Options
    And I meant cutting carbs like pasta, rice, bread and potatoes. Not everything
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like just less of it. Stay in a caloric deficit. No need to detox that is what your kidneys and liver do.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sarah2011f wrote: »

There is no reason to eliminate these foods unless you have a medical condition that requires you to do so. If you're not losing weight then you're not eating at a calorie deficit.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    At first glance I thought OP was eating mice. o.O
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    First, stop thinking you can detox. Carbs and Dairy aren't exactly heroin.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Are your kidneys and liver failing? If so, I would be consulting a doctor, not cutting out dairy or carbs.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, this won't end well...
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

There is no reason to eliminate these foods unless you have a medical condition that requires you to do so. If you're not losing weight then you're not eating at a calorie deficit.

I know this is the mantra of many on this forum and it's true, if all the OP is concerned about is losing weight. If she's doing it for other reasons like, feeling better or just being healthier this is definitely not the case. However, I am confused by her post because if she's only eating mince, then I don't know what the ultimate goal is, it doesn't seems like it's for health reasons. So, OP what is it that you're trying to accomplish by this detox?

• Sarah2011f
    Options
    Detox might have been the wrong word... I just want to loose fat and I've found that cutting bread potatoes and pasta has helped with this. I've been making up a bolognese and eating this but it's getting boring now. So I was after recipes to vary my diet. I'm trying to eat clean
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Detox might have been the wrong word... I just want to loose fat and I've found that cutting bread potatoes and pasta has helped with this. I've been making up a bolognese and eating this but it's getting boring now. So I was after recipes to vary my diet. I'm trying to eat clean

To be honest your best bet would be to join a low carb or clean eating group. Sounds like all you are lacking at the moment is a bit of culinary imagination.

The general forums are not a place for help if you are using the wrong phraseology!

Good luck.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Of course you will get bored when you only eat one thing! Or, just mince, maybe eggs, and oats... Hard to find many recipes if those are the only allowed ingredients. What made you choose exactly that eating plan, what is it supposed to do, and is it working as intended?