Hypothyroidism - My before and after

Options
xNikNak
xNikNak Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
Before - Oct 2012, around 213lbs, just after I discovered I had hypothyroidism.

It took 9 months of research (and the doctors telling me it was just depression..) and 4st+ before I found out.

xc2det.jpg

After (give or take 10 - 15lbs left to lose!)
Around 157lbs on Saturday!

24yvitl.jpg

It's been a long, hard journey but I'm so happy I've come this far :) hope everyone's well, and best of luck with whatever it is you're trying to achieve!

X

Replies

• branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome!!
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi well done, I hit the dizzy heights of 238lb ( only 5ft2in ) - lost 38 so far - it took them nearly 5 yrs to realise I had Hashimotos disease, I had put on 7 stone!!! hair fell out, ankles swelled up till i couldn't walk, itching which i scratched till i bled, brain fog - where i couldn't even remember if i had eaten!!! how i love doctors :/

You have come so far I can only hope that i have the same determination as you xx keep it up - i know what a struggle it can be xx
  • xNikNak
    Options
    d3gus wrote: »
    Hi well done, I hit the dizzy heights of 238lb ( only 5ft2in ) - lost 38 so far - it took them nearly 5 yrs to realise I had Hashimotos disease, I had put on 7 stone!!! hair fell out, ankles swelled up till i couldn't walk, itching which i scratched till i bled, brain fog - where i couldn't even remember if i had eaten!!! how i love doctors :/

You have come so far I can only hope that i have the same determination as you xx keep it up - i know what a struggle it can be xx

Thank you! Some doctors are awful, thankfully I've found one that knows what they're doing!

Still get brain fog, hair has stopped falling out to some extent. I set myself little goals each week, it's much easier than having your goal weight stuck in your head, didn't cut anything out of my diet either, just had a lot less! I'm on my feet pretty much 4hrs straight at work so that's helped loads too. I'm only 4ft 11 so anything I gain or lose shows fairly quickly, perks of being small eh? Haha :(

Wishing you all the best! xx

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! There is so many people having thyroid issues and I don't think the medical establishment is doing enough to recognize this. I have been having mild symptoms of hypothyroid like the weight gain, hair falling out, fatigue, mild pain issues, etc. My doctor just keeps saying I need to exercize and eat right, sound advice for sure but I just knew there was more to this because I've always been active and the last year just walking to the printer at work would make my ankles tired. I researched iodine deficiency and I had many of the symptoms. I began taking iodine supplements (well above the RDA, but still well below the maxium safety level) and I almost immediately felt so much better!
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. same to you.. you look wonderful by the way.. small is beautiful lol x
  • weightsnbakes
    weightsnbakes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and what a cute dress in the "after" picture! Well done you!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement, you look fabulous!!!
  • American_Beauty
    American_Beauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that is such an inspirational story..you look amazing! I have it as well, and nothing worked until I came here and after 76 days I'm down 11 lbs. It totally bites having thyroid issues because we have to work so much harder to get the weight off. Thank you so much, you truly gave me hope that this will happen, it is happening and how awesome it is to not be alone <3
  • Amanda682015
    Amanda682015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! amazing transformation!!!
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! You should be so proud! And we have almost the same story. I started having horrible hypothyroid symptoms after my second child was born. My Dr told me I just had low iron :\ so by the time I was diagnosed 8 months later I had lost almost half my hair (thank God it's thick), could barely get off the couch because I was so fatigued, and I had gained 40 lbs!!!! Ugh. It is so good to see a success story. I know that being hypo can make weightloss slower but I am determined. I am also eating low glycemic because that it supposed to be good for people with thyroid issues. Thanks for posting!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Hashimoto's, here. This gives me hope that I can reach my goal. Uphill all the way but it can be done.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation! Congrats!
  • xNikNak
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words :) Honestly made my day! I just wanted to prove it's possible, no matter how many health complications you have or life issues trying to drag you down. Baby steps!

Much love x
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great. ...
  • telam1115
    telam1115 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look great!
  • xNikNak
    Options
    Thank you! <3
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    wonderful, I am really happy for you :D
  • xNikNak
    Options
    Thank you jpaulie! :D x
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look Great - Well Done - Long may it continue!!
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself and all your hard work. You look fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!