I'm new

Options
Hey I'm Megan:) any tips for me?

Replies

• lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello Megan, Just stay positive and dedicated to your goals. Everything will workout and always keep your head high.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I always recommend starting out with just logging how you eat now, and then making small changes. Like, I started out by discovering that I could easily eat between 3K - 4K in a day. Once I knew that, I could start seeing where it was all coming from and cutting back in small parts from there.

It'll be a slower process, but easier to maintain (for me, anyway) than just changing everything at once without looking at the greater context of your current eating habits.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Get rid of poor food choices and start shopping in the produce isle. No Chips, No fries no sweetened drinks and leave the diet drinks alone, you don't need them. Log every stinking thing you eat or drink and be honest. Throw in some exercise and you will start cruising through this. I really enjoyed the journey.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Get rid of poor food choices and start shopping in the produce isle. No Chips, No fries no sweetened drinks and leave the diet drinks alone, you don't need them. Log every stinking thing you eat or drink and be honest. Throw in some exercise and you will start cruising through this. I really enjoyed the journey.

I'm glad this worked for you, but I wouldn't have made it past week two following that kind of plan. Restriction is fine, but flat-out banning foods from your diet always seems to be a recipe for disaster.