Best way to tone up bottom of stomach ?

Options
i have a pouch at the bottom of my stomach since having my baby any exercises to get rid plz !

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    No exercise will get rid of it. If there's still fat there you need a calorie deficit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lower your bodyfat, then you can see if it's fat or skin.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

Eat in a deficit, lose fat and it'll work out in the end.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi! All the above... Congrats to your baby!
    Make sure to lose your weight slowly and keep your skin well moisturized (vitamin E oil isn't a miracle cure, but sticky enough to require some skin massage to work it in...this alone goes a long way...). You're young, and there is a good chance that most of it will bounce back and tighten up. It might take some time and patience, though, after all, it took at least nine months to build it up, right!
    Good luck!
  • sunseeker43
    Options
    I started doing crunches but I only come off the floor to get shoulders off, not a full sit up. The other ting I do is lay on my back and bring both legs straight into the air. I can feel this in the lower stomach muscles so to should help.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I started doing crunches but I only come off the floor to get shoulders off, not a full sit up. The other ting I do is lay on my back and bring both legs straight into the air. I can feel this in the lower stomach muscles so to should help.
    Crunches are crunches, and situps are situps...2 different exercises, both work the abdominals. You're ok on the crunches, they only require you to exhale, roll up and lift the shoulders off the ground, inhale and then you roll back down, repeat. That's it. You're rounding your spine on it, and let the abs do all the work.
    However, you are training a muscle there, you won't train away any stubborn belly fat, and it won't tighten the skin. The fat will only melt with a diet, the rest is up to genetics.
    Don't give up, though! Keep going!
  • laurenhoulihan28
    laurenhoulihan28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Leg raises are brilliant for that, I had the same issue.
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what was said above... it won't happen overnight. Do high intensity cardio. Get your heart rate up. And as for toning I like many different exercises including adding weight for resistance to core work. You can't spot reduce true, but you can strengthen your core and build the muscle up... over time.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Do core exercises like pilates to firm up your lower abs. I like to put on ankle weights, lie on my back and do leg lifts, sloooowly, while focusing on keeping my torso completely still. I do leg lifts on my back, on my side, and inner thigh lifts. Focusing on not swinging your body and doing each move slowly will force you to stabilize your torso and abs. Add weight as needed.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Doing exercises is great and all, but until you lose the fat you won't have a firm/defined stomach. You'll just end up with strong ab muscles hidden under a layer of fat.

After having a child, you could have fat on your lower stomach or loose skin. If it is loose skin, it will take longer and may require surgery (depending on how much loose skin you have). If it's just lower stomach fat, you need to eat at a deficit to reduce your overall body fat before you'll see much progress.
  • Lose25now
    Lose25now Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Successgal1 has the right idea as far as exercise to help tone your body. It is true you have to do diet and exercise to get the body you are looking for.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    i have a pouch at the bottom of my stomach since having my baby any exercises to get rid plz !

Fork put downs and plate pushbacks.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    planks planks planks!!! I'm not just talking about 30 seconds 1 time. I mean 20 sec on/10 secs off for 4 mins. Repeat for side planks, each side. It sucks but it works!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Lowering your body fat percentage will help, though there's a change that some of it is skin. The only way to reduce skin that doesn't bounce back is to have it removed.
  • dbmata
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    planks planks planks!!! I'm not just talking about 30 seconds 1 time. I mean 20 sec on/10 secs off for 4 mins. Repeat for side planks, each side. It sucks but it works!
    No.
    Lowering your body fat percentage will help, though there's a change that some of it is skin. The only way to reduce skin that doesn't bounce back is to have it removed.
    Yes.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Totally exercise won't get rid of the fat, but tightening that area does improve the appearance. I have a lower baby pooch and running makes it much better (there is still skin and fat). I have been slacking lately and it looks crummier. Some is certainly a bit more fat, but also just a bit of flaccidity.
  • amtru2015
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    No.
    Yes.

I was basing this off the assumption that cardio is already happening lol. Smh.

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    No.
    Yes.

Cardio isn't required either. Even with cardio, his statement is accurate.
  • dbmata
    Options
    No.
    Yes.

You should wonder if there is a caloric deficit first.

Either way, you made a dicey assumption as well. lol.
  • amtru2015
    Options
    from all these dudes who have womanly bodies. step off guys. Just telling her what worked for me. A *kitten* ton of cardio and planks. wrong for you, right for me. Whatever =)