Need some motivational support :)

Options
Hi all!! I'm looking for a few people stuck in the same boat as me. I'm extremely active and don't eat much junk food but I struggle to lose weight. When I say extremely active I mean.... I do karate 3x a week, judo once a week , ballroom twice a week and badminton, gym and running regularly lol!! I'm now working with a dietian and am on a high protein low carb diet. I lost 6lbs in the first week (before Xmas) and am struggling to get back into the swing of 5 meals a day. Anyone fancy being my motivation? :D I can give advice for fitness training if that's of any use!!

Replies

• lmp379
    lmp379 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as active as you, but I am at karate 2-3 times a week, rest of the time chasing after my 15 month old or walking the 11year old dog. I could use some co-motivation.
  • kirsty3865
    kirsty3865 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :) what style of karate do you do? Did you know that a hard training session can burn in the region of 800-1000kcal per hour! :) random trivia haha. Everyone need motivational support. It's so hard stayin on track :( x
  • katedenison13
    katedenison13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kate and I'm 25 years old living in Edmonton, Canada. I'm aiming to be as active as you; I play hockey once or twice a week, run with my dog and do various fitness DVDs. I similarly made a real effort to lose weight and boost my fitness level before Christmas and did really well, but struggled to keep it up over the holidays and when my husband and i went on vacation! My friend and I are having a competition to do more fitness activities as well as eating better (definitely helps because I'm very competitive haha) but I could always use another co-motivator! :smile:
  • kirsty3865
    kirsty3865 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sure I'm always up for a challenge :) not sure if I could squeeze any more activities into the week what with uni deadlines looming haha. Maybe I'll just training longer hours. Haha. I do that most evening :D good to hear there are other really active people out there. I've always been really active. I'm fitter than all my friend but also bigger than most of them :( granted there's a lot of muscle there but a lot of extra padding too which I could do with getting rid of haha :)
  • skinnyminime5
    skinnyminime5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Friend me :)
  • div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add. Got lots of modivation to go around. The journey is hard but easier and more fun with friends!