Any other gamers on a quest to lose weight?

Options
Hey, just looking for some MyFitnessPal buddies :blush:

I know losing weight can be a real -blam!-ing experience, so I'd love some helpful buds on here! I'll try to be helpful and motivational as well :)

Replies

• JynxedDiamond
    JynxedDiamond Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • JynxedDiamond
    Options
    bump :)
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am! What types of games do you play?
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My son is a gamer, and I'll tell you the same thing I tell him (about life not just weight loss). Pretend that you (as in the real you, IRL) is a 1st level Crusader from Diablo III.

You need to level up YOU. How do you level up? Experience, fighting, adventure, quests, practice, eating right, exercise, sports, play, etc. In other words level up the real you, build yourself into the the character you see in your mind.

Good luck nerd.
  • NJTeacher411
    NJTeacher411 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    check out nerdfitness.com They take the gaming as a metaphor for losing weight to great heights. Highly recommended.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I take it by your default pic that you play Destiny?
    Lvl 31 Warlock
    Lvl 31 Hunter

I play on PS4, though.
  • Kpcardona
    Options
    Heya, gamer here also.

If you want some gamification in your workout routine, check out Fitocracy. They have a "leveling up" system and quests to bring out that obsessed gamer side of some people.
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i follow nerd fitness! level up your life! :) add mee! :)
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Gamer checking in! I often fight the battle of "Oh! Need to hit the gym." and "oooooo I REALLY want to finish this level..." Usually gym wins out, though :/
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Absolutley: and there's a group on MFP dedicated to gamers: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/19-mfp-gamers
  • nseelam
    nseelam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    : D that's awesome! Feel free to add me, I'd love to chat about games : D plus anytime you need motivation drop a line!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Does it count if the newest system I have is a PS2? V/////V Don't judge me! I am content with my giant grey gameboy!! (And it still works!)
  • ElusivePete
    ElusivePete Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer too (PC / console / board). Also a professional computer geek. :) Anyone's welcome to add me.
  • BPHusker
    BPHusker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! Gamers here too. Feel free to add me.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I friend requested you, fellow gamer, since I'm also down for mutual encouragement!

I second the nerdfitness.com suggestion, I'm not currently very active in the community but the posts and resources are great.

I play RPGs like D&D, D20 modern, or off-the-cuff type games with friends + board games (some faves include Eldritch Horror, Munchkin, Room 25, and Battlestar Galactica)
    Not super into video games but I do enjoy certain ones like the Jak & Daxter series, MarioKart, Diablo 2 (fave class is assassin, aka DemonHunter in Diablo 3).

I'm on a mission to level up this year!
  • JynxedDiamond
    Options
    itstimeRK wrote: »
    I am! What types of games do you play?

I prefer RPG games, however I'm open to most game genres :)

At the moment I've been playing Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, Pokemon, Minecraft, Legend of Zelda, and a bunch of indie games.

• JynxedDiamond
    Options
    check out nerdfitness.com They take the gaming as a metaphor for losing weight to great heights. Highly recommended.

Ha, thanks, I'll have to check that out :)
  • JynxedDiamond
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    I take it by your default pic that you play Destiny?
    Lvl 31 Warlock
    Lvl 31 Hunter

I play on PS4, though.

LvL 32 Hunter
    LvL 28 Titan ( :p because I started him over)
    LvL 31 Hunter

I'm also on the ps4
  • JynxedDiamond
    Options
    Kpcardona wrote: »
    Heya, gamer here also.

If you want some gamification in your workout routine, check out Fitocracy. They have a "leveling up" system and quests to bring out that obsessed gamer side of some people.

Awesome, that sounds really fun, I'll have to check that out
  • gladass12
    gladass12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey, i got a ps4 for xmas, and got destiny. haven't started yet, but i wouldn't mind having some mfp friends who game as well. friend request sent! anyone else, feel free to add me! :smiley: