New Keto Diet

Hello! My name is Vanessa and I am new to myfitnesspal. The main reason I decided to join is that I started a new way of living a week ago, the Keto diet. I was using sparkpeople.com but I couldn't adjust my goals as well as I can on here due to my macros. So here I am excited to be on the weightloss/healthy wagon! I had the keto flu for 4 days...today is day 8 on this diet and I have so much energy! I love that I can eat a lot and still lose weight! If anyone else is on this diet and wants to chat about some good keto recipes they have found hit me up!

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    I am sorry, I do not mean to sound unsupportive. I have tried Paleo(which puts you in ketosis)...it just wasn't sustainable and I knew I could not live the rest of my life that way. I also lost about 7 pounds, and gained it all right back. I lost all of my weight by eating anything I wanted but, fit it into my daily calorie goal. I actually ate many foods which had been "taboo" for me in the past. Have you tried just eating at a calorie deficit, focusing on higher protein foods before you go the Keto route?? Either way, I wish you success and if you are going to continue Keto, I hope you get better support!! By the way, I know when I first began Paleo, no one could convince me otherwise...
  • I should phrase that I eat a Keto version. I can't say I am the strict Keto dieter. I have eaten some fruits, but not much. I have been messing around with different recipes to help with chocolate cravings that are Keto friendly, those are awesome. I have read many books on the subject and I would never do anything that didn't feel right. I really did want to give this diet a chance because in the past I would limit my calories and I would always be hungry. With this Keto diet, I do limit my calories but not like I did on a normal calorie restricted diet. I ate 1800 calories yesterday and still managed to lose weight, its crazy awesome. I think for myself that having a goal to be around 35g of carbs a day is good for myself. I know that they say to stay under 20g, which might feel right for others but I feel best when I am around 35g. I am also a stay at home mom/student at the moment so I can make my own meals and have been rocking it. (don't worry, I allow my children to eat bread. lol) Thanks for your post!
  • Tacita88
    Tacita88 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you I think, eating my own version of a Keto Diet; low carb high fat and protein. I feel great, not trying to lose much but I feel a lot firmer and I have loads of energy! I eat alot of prawn and avocado salads, peanut butter and yoghurt. If you havn't tried Shakshuka I would recommend that! and also using giant portobello mushroom as burger buns :smiley:
  • oooo. I like your mushroom idea!
  • vgravedo wrote: »
    I should phrase that I eat a Keto version. I can't say I am the strict Keto dieter. I have eaten some fruits, but not much. I have been messing around with different recipes to help with chocolate cravings that are Keto friendly, those are awesome. I have read many books on the subject and I would never do anything that didn't feel right. I really did want to give this diet a chance because in the past I would limit my calories and I would always be hungry. With this Keto diet, I do limit my calories but not like I did on a normal calorie restricted diet. I ate 1800 calories yesterday and still managed to lose weight, its crazy awesome. I think for myself that having a goal to be around 35g of carbs a day is good for myself. I know that they say to stay under 20g, which might feel right for others but I feel best when I am around 35g. I am also a stay at home mom/student at the moment so I can make my own meals and have been rocking it. (don't worry, I allow my children to eat bread. lol) Thanks for your post!

So I'm curious what is your typical meal plan? I've done research and I'm a little overwhelmed about how much I can eat and what are things I should stray from and increase in. Any help would be great
  • jessyca864
    jessyca864 Posts: 5 Member
    Please add me, I also have pcos and am struggling to lose weight. I am interested in this keto diet
  • lymony
    lymony Posts: 10 Member
    Hi guys, I found the keto diet through in article in the times earlier this month and I've found it really really good! Just the article was really informative and put it really simply, and it included a 4 day pretox and 10 day plan of the diet. I have since bought the new book on which this plan is based (the high fat diet by zara morris). I'm going to try to take a picture of the meal plans to post on here, though not sure how good the quality will be!cca1ao5fcnuy.jpg
    jetv1xmoj5es.jpg
    vt51p2exmpac.jpg
    i6lnsgb7t0ju.jpg
    dzoi1869guof.jpg
    8t8xuehtcggk.jpg
    4jgd5z8yy71a.jpg
    v708i5j3cgml.jpg

Judging by the preview, these have posted in the wrong order but you get the idea!
    Anyway, I didn't actually weight myself at the beginning of this plan (scales not working, after months of non-use!), but I'm on day 9 now and have lost 4lb since day 2 of the blitz!
    Hope this helps, sorry if this post ends up being really long because of the pictures! Add me if anyone likes! xx