What to eat when in the street?

Options
I'm new to mfp and my 1st hurdle has been finding healthy choices when on the street. When it comes to fast food one of my go to spots is panda express steamed veggies, beef and broccoli, and teriyaki chicken no sauce. Thats one example, I would like to hear what choices you guys make when eating fast food. Thanks.

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I personally like chic fil a waffle fries.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer to sit down and enjoy a real meal.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    How often do you find yourself in a position where the only option is fast food???

• kvcreed
    kvcreed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I personally like chic fil a waffle fries.

You! I like you!

Myself, I tend to pop to a supermarket and just get an apple. If I need to -eat- eat, I get real food. My work keeps travelling, so prepping things at home isn't really an option, and I usually try and go for the salads, stick to lots of veggies etc.
    Luckily, I live where the fast food thing is a bit diffirent. I like a place called Serrano, that specializes in fresh greens with a mexican twist, with some chicken thrown in.

• mrlspaul
    mrlspaul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How often do you find yourself in a position where the only option is fast food???

Typically all week, I havent took the time to set up and prep meals. I work in construction so im in different city's with different options. Today im going to over to chic'fil'a and check out the salad options. Grabbing something out the market is not a bad idea either. I got to start prepping, fast food and healthy choices dont really go hand in hand.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a position where I must eat out, I look for either the best, healthiest thing there is or I get whatever the hell is yummiest. Sometimes I have to walk past yummier things to get to the others...not always easy! :)

A lot of time, though, you can bring food. I have an insulated bag, so sometimes I can take cold stuff. When it's just too hot to be lugging something around all day, I bring things like baggies of granola, nuts and dried fruit or maybe a tuna kit or canned fruits.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    whatever happens to fit into my calorie/micro/macro goal for the day ..

OR

I just have whatever I want.

also, just an FYI but teriyaki chicken has sauce on it...
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love Panera and chick-fil-a but sadly we don't have a chick-fil-a in my area so Panera is my go to place.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOVE Chickfila grilled nuggets - - 220 calories, no carbs (personally - I have to watch carbs - so this is a great option for me).
  • mrlspaul
    mrlspaul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Loving how this post turned into a chickfila commercial :smiley: had a decent salad spent about 450 calories got about low 20's grams of protien.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like subway, or Wendy's for their delicious salads, and McDonald's has some pretty decent salad's too...There is no chickaflick in my area, so I have no idea what they have or how they taste...lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I like the title of your thread. I had all sorts of scenarios running around in my head lol
    :p
    Sorry..... carry on
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant that you were homeless..
  • FromNowtoNow
    Options
    My goto on the road is heading into Starbucks for Oatmeal (though I generally don't use the toppings) and a banana. I like that option because it is filling and there is always a Starbucks nearby!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I thought you meant that you were homeless..

lol That was my first thought!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lunch%20box.jpg

This.

Make your lunch the night before. Sandwich with slices of beef and lettuce. Wraps. A piece of fruit. Hiker's mix. Snack bars and cookies. Make the other guys jealous.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how much I liked 7-Eleven's chicken tenders. They also have a pretty good diablo chicken sandwich on pretzel bread. Chik-fil-A's chicken strips and the sweet chili chicken wrap at McD's are a couple others I like. Sometimes I'll get a side salad, too, if I'm not driving.
  • JasmineSchmidts
    JasmineSchmidts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Since we're all mentioning Chik fil a, their Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap is delicious, super filling, and only about 350 calories, good protein! Most fast food places tend to have some healthier options now. Even if they don't and you're stuck eating someplace, do your best to make something healthy - if they have chicken salads, check to see if you can get it grilled, dressing on the side, choose the toppings you'd like; burgers/sandwiches - eat them 'protein' style with no bun, no sauces, etc. But always remember - it's okay to eat whatever you want every once in a while. :wink:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    chipotle. no question. it's about the only place i can eat with my allergies.