Need: Protein Pancakes

Options
Heather1983v
Heather1983v Posts: 16 Member
Looking for recipe ideas for pancakes with protein powder in it.
Made a random one this morning that I had found online & it was horrible. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I too would like a tried and tested recipe for protein pancakes, there's so many out there!
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    MFP posted this recipe the other day that I've been wanting to try:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/oatmeal-pancakes/

I wonder, would it work to substitute protein powder for some of the flour in a recipe? I'd like to try that with my peanut-butter-oatmeal cookies.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    45g oats
    30g unflavoured whey
    2 eggs
    1 egg white (can change the yolk to white ratio according to calorie target)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    milk to get the texture right (how much depends on how many egg yolkes and how think/thin you like your pancakes)

makes 2 pancakes
    put n pan like normal but be careful not to leave it in too long or it gets quite dry.
    add whatever you want on top :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I like this one pretty well:

27 grams (or 1 scoop) vanilla protein powder
    1 egg white
    30 grams (1/4 cup) flour
    ½ tsp baking soda
    6 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt

Calories: 329
    Macros: 34 carbs/ 2 fat/ 45 protein

Make 6 SMALL pancakes instead of trying to do big ones. The middles will not cook through if you make them too big.

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This isn't the same thing, but I like them better. Google "Katies banana bread protein muffins," loaded with egg whites, vanilla protein powder and ground oats, instead of flour. Love them little 58 calorie treats throughout the day. Easy to make a triple or quadruple batch and freeze them. All of the protein pancakes I've tried have sucked and called for apple sauce instead of syrup. I just eat real pancakes now and have eggs / ground turkey alongside of them.
  • Horsejumper1
    Horsejumper1 Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have a recipe on my blog - I call them "preworkout" since I like to eat a couple before working out. They've got protein powder, flax, and are super tasty http://ericasrecipes.com/2013/04/preworkout-oatmeal-buttermilk-pancakes/
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a good dairy free, egg free option? Not vegan, but I'm allergic to both those things.

I used this recipe (from the New Rules of Lifting for Women book) before I knew I was allergic:
    4 large egg whites
    1/4 cup of old-fashioned oats
    2 tbsp. whole-wheat pancake mix
    2 tbsp. vanilla whey-protein powder
    half a banana
    dash of both cinnamon.

Mix and cook as you would regular pancakes!

39 grams of protein :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Looking for recipe ideas for pancakes with protein powder in it.
    Made a random one this morning that I had found online & it was horrible. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks in advance

bodybuilding.com --->Trutein Cinnabun protein powder. Mix with almond milk to desired consistency. Add whatever pancake yumminess you want - pecans are awesome, blueberries are delicious, etc. Make pancakes. Top with butter and syrup if desired. Eat.

You're welcome.