looking for buddies in 30's to lose 30!

Options
Hi all. I've lost about 45lbs and looking to lose about 30 more. I would like to add some buddies bc I've noticed I've been slacking and could use pick me ups. Luckily I haven't gained anything just maintained but really would like to weigh about 135 140 again! So let's do this together.
Sw:220
Cw:171
Gw 135

Replies

• fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 34 and I currently have 25 to 30ish pounds to lose. I want to add muscle while I do it so that's why I say ish. Not really sure how much weight buff ness adds. I'd love to help support you and others. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I just friended you. Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my 30s and have roughly 30 lbs to go. SW ~ 190ish, CW: 175 GW:145
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 34 and have more than 30 pounds to lose. Highest weight 255 CW: 223.5 Goal 135-150... not sure since it's been so long since I've seen those numbers.
  • morganeats
    morganeats Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in May- close enough? I'm currently 173.5 lbs and aiming to be 135 lbs by my birthday.
  • dtodd2188
    Options
    Oh yes. Any age really! We're pretty much at same weight with same goal date!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    Hi! I'm in my 30s and have roughly 30 lbs to go. SW ~ 190ish, CW: 175 GW:145

We are at similar numbers!

• NeedMoreJava
    NeedMoreJava Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm game! I may not need to lose 30lbs, but I like the positivity of the post. Feel free to add me.
  • RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 36 and aiming to loose around 30 pounds. HW: 260 CW: 178 Goal:145-150 hopefully by my birthday in June.
  • bencze1
    bencze1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am 37 yo male, and about 14 kgs to go which is about 33 lbs apparently (yey for google convert). Started at about 106-108 kg last April, target is 69-70 kg (238 -> 152 lbs). Kind of stopped since I quit smoking in September (still a good trade btw) but now I am trying to get 'unstuck' and continue with the help of some self restraint, cycling and walking.
    I am new to this site but perhaps with a friend or three it can get interesting enough to pay attention (and lose weight). :)
  • 7kidz
    7kidz Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm almost 30 and trying to lose 30 by May.
  • cleo159
    cleo159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 32 and also looking to lose about 30 pounds SW: 175, CW: 168, GW: 140-145 (if all goes well, I plan to go down to about 135 before going to maintenance, anticipating that I'll gain a bit while I figure out my new forever eating habits). I just started seriously about a week and a half ago, mainly reducing calories and adding a bit more activity. So far so good, but I'm going to start school again next week (I also work full-time) and I'm worried about being able to balancing the time commitment for weight loss (workouts, meal planning and prep) and assignments.

I'd love to have some buddies on here who have a positive attitude and who are also encouraging and a bit forgiving. For some folks, total commitment and absolute compliance and a "no pain no gain" attitude is what motivates them, but for me, I'm already incredibly hard on myself and have a tendency toward disordered eating when I get too focused, so I need more "do your best and f*** the rest" kind of buddy.
  • musicismylover
    musicismylover Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 and looking to lose about 25-30 lbs. Anyone is free to add me! Good luck!
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just sent you a request. My weight and goal weight is the same as yours.
  • bjones54
    bjones54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great idea for support! At the start of my journey only 2 weeks in so I'm sure I'll need motivation once novelty has worn off... :-)

SW213 CW206 GW140

Hope to connect with some of you soon!

Good luck
  • juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    32 here. 30 lbs would put me really close to my goal weight. I'm aiming for about a 5 lbs loss per month so hopefully by summer I'll be where I want. Feel free to add me! I could use all the motivation I can get.
  • utdanevw
    utdanevw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. Currently I just fell completely off the wagon for the holiday. SW:208 CW: 224 GW: 195 Age 31

Just started mentally getting back into the game the past few days and will be logging all foods starting today.
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am 31, mother of 2 and just seriously restarted MFP again about a week ago. I have about 25lbs or so left. HW: 182 CW: 153. GW: 130.

I've hit the 150's and can't seem to break it over the last year, so I took some time off and am back. However, I could defiantly use the motivation and a few people to keep me going when I start to slack. Feel free to add me.
  • courtneydane2
    courtneydane2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 33 and mother of two. I had my second daughter 5 months ago. I have lost about 40 pounds but want to loose about 20 more. SW 200 CW 166 GW 145. I have been doing so well, but I have hit a wall but at least I am maintaining and not gaining. I am really trying to get back to being as active as I use to be! I would love some buddies to help motivate each other to continue! I'm new to this so in not sure how to request friends. Feel free to add me! I would love to get the support!
  • dokeydayna
    dokeydayna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped me lose 45 lbs in the past. I was determined, confident and felt great...
    What happened?
    I've gained 30 of that back.
    Enough is enough!
    I'm 30 years old and don't want to waste any more time losing the battle to overeating.
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!