Question for "Shredders"...

LJV1031
LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
When doing the 30 Day Shred, do you work out in addition to that? If so, do you do your Shred workout first or after. Also, what type of workout(s) do you do, in addition. Lastly, how much time between the Shred workout and the other workouts??? Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• aisenbart
    aisenbart Posts: 22 Member
    I usually walk/run for 30 minutes before doing the shred. I find that I am too exhausted after doing the shred to do anything more, so I try to do it before. I don't do that every day, but I try if I have the time. In that 30 minutes I get about 2.3 miles in, so I figure that isn't too bad for some cardio!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    I do the Shred, TurboFire and Zumba all together. I do the shred 3 days a week and then Turbo Five Days and Zumba 2 days....I like to switch it up to keep my body always guessing :)
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    I do it all together and always do cardio first, I do the elliptical or a big power walk then the shred and I'll either do another toning workout before or after the shred!!
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    I do the Shred first and then either the bike or treadmill for 20 or 30 minutes because I try and log an hour every day.
  • wkuasmith
    wkuasmith Posts: 2
    I will do some cardio during my lunch break if I have time, and then do the Shred that evening after work. I feel like doing the additional cardio has helped to see results much faster. My cardio includes anything from interval running, eliptical, and biking.

I'm on Day 18 and going strong! It's a great workout and I've really noticed results (not so much in pounds I've lost, but inches).
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    I was dong shred in addition to my regular 45min-1hour workout 5 days a week I do 30minutes of weights and 15-30 minutes f cardio then I would go home, start dinner, & do shred while dinner ws in the oven. On my off days at the gym I did only shred. I havent done shred in a few weeks anf it HAS made a differencce,I was averging 2.5-5lb lose with shred added to my regular workout, now i;m at 1 - 1.5lbs a week. If I overindulge on my diet I will do a day or two of shred before my weigh day. It really gives me little "extra"
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I am am only on day 2 though :) I am just going to get through this 1st week then add a little treadmill or bike time in when I can. Where are you at now?
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    I do the shred and 100 situps every day. With 2 kids I just try to it them in whenever I can in any order. I prefer to do the shred first though.
  • LJV1031
    Thanks for all your input. You are all awesome!!! :flowerforyou: I like going to the gym first thing in the AM (I have to get there by 9:30am, or I don't go), so I will continue to do that, starting with cardio, ending with strength. I THINK this should be a good system since I work nights, so I have to get my workout done early on. Thanks again, and I'm always up for suggestions, so feel free to leave any). :drinker:
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    When I was doing the shred I would do the dvd as soon as I got home before I got the chance to be lazy, then go to the gym for 45min and do cardio, stationary bike or running, most workout dvd's that are so short in time do recommend you add another 30min atleast of exercise to your daily routine for best results....some days you will be tired to go to the gym but If you can I would definately say do an extra atleast 30min of cardio:) Hope you do great!!!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    I am ONLY doing shred but everyday.. well, I am trying. In the last 18 days, I have done it every day but skipped 3. So, technically, I am on day 15. I want to truly test this out to see where it will take me. I have lost roughly 1.5 lbs and an inch from waist but definitely noticing some muscle around the ab area. Yay for that!! Level 2 is a killer for me.
  • LJV1031
    I was wondering the same thing. I am am only on day 2 though :) I am just going to get through this 1st week then add a little treadmill or bike time in when I can. Where are you at now?

I'm just getting started too. Day 2 also. :smile:
  • LJV1031
    Thank you all once again for your input and suggestions. Happy shredding! :drinker: