having a bad day!!!!

Options
Craving fried food!! :(

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Then eat a little bit, log it, and move on. The craving will just get worse and you'll eat a ton more calories in the process trying to get rid of the craving.
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What sort? A lot of things can be replaced with a much healthier alternative. If it's chips/fries go for oven cooked. If it's some kind of meat (burgers, etc) make your own with a lean version of the meat.
    If you really love a food find a way to make a healthier version so you CAN have it. Forcing yourself to abstain will probably lead you to give up.

Hope this helps.
  • katiegodwin194
    Options
    Chippy chips
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well, i guess you have your options above - have them, get rid of the craving and move on. Or find an alternative that still feels like a treat.

I have a serious sweet tooth so most of the time i replace chocolate with options hot chocolate or yogurts, or fruit. But every so often i treat myself so i don't completely lose faith in the healthy eating and give up.
    Do what's best for you, you know what your willpower is like, but I'm obviously going to send you towards a healthier version. ;)
  • jillr527
    jillr527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Measure out one serving, have them, work it into your calories for the day and move on. The 100% elimination of certain foods doesn't work for me. I have to be able to enjoy a little bit of what I love here and there.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we get Veggie Snacks from Costco~ they have the same snap and flavor as chips, but far less calories and at least 30% less fat. Really helps with a craving, or to give you a healthier option when everyone is hitting the chips and dip in front of you....
  • naoxxx
    naoxxx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    God, I would love chippy chips!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    one kind of different thought - how are you eating and drinking? Are you getting enough calories? Are you drinking enough water? How about protein - enough of that?

I find that my cravings only come when I'm not staying on top of these 3 things. Might be worth thinking about to fight off future cravings...
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we get Veggie Snacks from Costco~ they have the same snap and flavor as chips, but far less calories and at least 30% less fat. Really helps with a craving, or to give you a healthier option when everyone is hitting the chips and dip in front of you....

I'm snacking on these right now! Mmm. Zesty ranch. ;) (130 calories and 7g of fat)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    jillr527 wrote: »
    Measure out one serving, have them, work it into your calories for the day and move on. The 100% elimination of certain foods doesn't work for me. I have to be able to enjoy a little bit of what I love here and there.

This... completely this. :)