Anyone else doing p90x?

Options
I am re-starting P90X after having done it twice before but not for longer than a month. I need to get in shape! If there is anyone out there in the same boat, or just really wanting to get back in shape and wants a friend, add me! Also, has anyone had a lot of success with P90X? Of course I've seen the infomercials but has anyone on here had results? Please share!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X3 before, and am starting it again on Monday.
  • wonderkitty
    wonderkitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing that but didn't want to pay for it when I had the original☺️. I wish the original had shorter workouts BUT I guess it takes longer to go to the gym,work out, then drive back.
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got really good results with P90X, I actually just started back this past Monday
  • kenstracker
    kenstracker Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm starting p90x3 on Monday (classic) as well. I've done 2 of the videos this week and I love it. I've don P90X and 3 is perfect for me.
  • bassmankev77
    bassmankev77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a try starting tomorrow. Hope to go the full term this time.
  • salmonella4everyone
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of p90X (lean). So far I'm loving it
  • HoganBirdie
    HoganBirdie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the 3rd week starting today. P90x is a great program. I have done about 3 times. First time lost 35 pounds. I also have P90x 3. I started it but found it was too fast for this old body (54). If I didn't have weight to lose I could probably do P 90x 3 but I don't want to injure myself. I love that you can work up to more reps and weights daily. I feel soooooo good when I am doing P90 X. Yes I am sore but my knees don't hurt like the used too. I have added additional walking on top of P90X. I Make sure I walk 12,000 steps a day (5 miles).

Would love the support of other P 90X and P90X 3 workout people. Anyone as old as I am doing it?
  • HoganBirdie
    Options
    I am re-starting P90X after having done it twice before but not for longer than a month. I need to get in shape! If there is anyone out there in the same boat, or just really wanting to get back in shape and wants a friend, add me! Also, has anyone had a lot of success with P90X? Of course I've seen the infomercials but has anyone on here had results? Please share!

• HoganBirdie
    Options
    I am trying to friend you but I think you have your profile set so no one can friend you. Or is it on my end?
  • jasmingehre314
    Options
    I just finished the first week and am incredibly sore. I hope my body gets used to the exercises soon and the sore muscles are going to vanish soon. But I love the workouts and how they make me feel. Hope I manage to stick with it. Really need to get back in shape after having my daughter a year ago
  • crimsonpaw
    crimsonpaw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, new to the community here. I'm on my second week of the original p90x (just did plyo today) and hurt like a mofo. So far I'm not seeing a change but I know that will come. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the 30/60/90 day results look like. My goal is to drop 15+ pounds then graduate to a 5 day weight lifting routine.

And for the record, at this point Ab Ripper X sucks, it's just such a beast!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I never did it longer than 2 or 3 weeks. The repetition killed me. I can recite every workout and every bad joke word for word.

If you have always quit doing it, try something else. There are a number of work outs you can do to get in shape.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's a solid program but I just couldn't find the hour and a half a day (2 hours after taking into account the time it takes to clear the area before each workout).
  • bassmankev77
    bassmankev77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a solid program but I just couldn't find the hour and a half a day (2 hours after taking into account the time it takes to clear the area before each workout).
    I'm with you. Thinking of switching to P90X3 now that I have copy
  • bboozer57
    bboozer57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in the 3rd week starting today. P90x is a great program. I have done about 3 times. First time lost 35 pounds. I also have P90x 3. I started it but found it was too fast for this old body (54). If I didn't have weight to lose I could probably do P 90x 3 but I don't want to injure myself. I love that you can work up to more reps and weights daily. I feel soooooo good when I am doing P90 X. Yes I am sore but my knees don't hurt like the used too. I have added additional walking on top of P90X. I Make sure I walk 12,000 steps a day (5 miles).

Would love the support of other P 90X and P90X 3 workout people. Anyone as old as I am doing it?

I'm 57 I just do what I can I'm not trying to press anyone . Those days r over lol
  • crescentwire
    crescentwire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried several times to do P90X years ago, before I was (1) serious about changing my diet, or (2) giving up alcohol. Both played a huge part in me seeing virtually 0 changes/progress, even after 60 days.

Recently i decided to try Power 90 (the precursor to P90X), so that I could hopefully stick to it without killing myself. After 30 days, I definitely am seeing results that I never saw with P90X.

I definitely recommend it if you're looking for an easier "intro" before tackling the P90X beast.