How to tone AB's without doing crunches/sit ups...?

Options
How do I get rid of this stomach from 2 kids? Im 23 and should not have this kind of a stomach..
Sit ups and crunches, i do them right, with correct posture and, and i pull my neck everytime. and it throws me off
mentally and emotionally.. is there some core strengthening i can do??
Thanks
:sad:

Replies

• Shan605
    Shan605 Posts: 41
    Options
    Planks, Planks and more Planks
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is burn off the layer of fat covering them. We all have 6-pack abs - they're just covered up. You can't spot reduce or target burn. But you can strengthen your core muscles so that when that layer of fat comes off they will look really good!

As far as stretched out skin I can't help you there.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Do you also have weight to lose or do you just want to tone your stomach?
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I'd really like to see the answer's to this one too, I feel the same way everytime I do crunches or any ab machines even on very little weight I hurt my neck I am top heavy so I think that might be why.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Planks, side planks, stability ball roll-outs to start. Google "Turbulance Training Abs" and you will find a free ab workout for beginner to advanced. I don't remember any crunches in it at all.

I thought I would save you the time here is the link. http://www.turbulencetrainingforabs.com/ I use this myself although I have not purchased anything from Turbulance Training, but the Ab report is good.
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Planks! Hard at first but gets easier as you build up the time that you can hold them. Just try and hold them a little longer each time.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options

what are planks?? sorry if i sound like an idiot.. lol
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lie flat on your back(floor or ground), lift your feet about 10inchs off the ground, spread legs, bring legs together, and lower legs without touching the ground...3 sets 30secs each
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the Nutrition Forum, ask there.
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Planks
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    There's also lots of standing moves you can do that will hit your abs hard.

http://www.google.com/search?q=standing+ab+workout&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Now I'm thinking of pirates and walking the plank ... lol .... from reading all the replies....lol....
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "6 week 6 pack" it's super intense
  • wendywilliford
    Options
    Instead of lifting your upper body (like a crunch or sit up), try curling your legs up to your chest while laying on your back. You can even hold your legs to each side slightly.

I also do planks!!!
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options

what are planks?? sorry if i sound like an idiot.. lol

A plank is the start of a push up when your arms are straight and you are on your toes, you can also go down to your elbows. Try to make your body flat/straight like a plank! Hope that helps :)
  • rae_84
    rae_84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Other than planks you can also
    1. Sit with your knees bent on the floor and your back at a 45 degree angle and do the bicycle.
    2. Lay flat on your back and keep your legs straight or slightly bent and slow lift your legs up and down (from a few inches above the floor to a 90 degree angle to the floor).
    3. Lay on the floor and have your legs at a 90 degree to the floor and lift your hips by using your abs.
    4. Also you can stand and use weight and tilt side to side using your abs to lift you up.

Hope that helps!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I sometimes would rather walk the plank than 'hold my plank strong'. Just sayin'